Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 23

Thread: Christmas Laptop, 2016

  1. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    AND... It looks like they just brought a handful into the south side store today.

    So you can just go pick one up. You don't have to order from Vancouver.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  2. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    It also has a 7200rpm hard drive, compared to the 5400 (shit) hard drives in the other laptops.

    And it has a dvd drive... and the other one didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Edm
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    What are your thoughts on Dell? In your opinion, what are the top 5 most reliable brands?

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    What are your thoughts on Dell? In your opinion, what are the top 5 most reliable brands?
    I had a Dell several years ago that was a total lemon. I would never get one, again.
    Just my
    $0.02

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    With Dell you pay more for the name than you do the product.

    One thing I'd like to note about the 2 laptops Audi suggested from MemEx. The U series processors are not hyperthreaded where the HQ series are.
    Model View Caffeine

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,851

    Default

    It's over $1000 today and I didn't think the site indicated the sale was ending until Dec 2...
    Le sad.
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX63461

    But, I went down, worked the shaft & swallowed the gravy and got the discount price.

    Thanks for the advice, Audi! I basically just blindly bought it upon your recommendation because you're so helpful and knowledgeable.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    It's over $1000 today and I didn't think the site indicated the sale was ending until Dec 2...
    Le sad.
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX63461

    But, I went down, worked the shaft & swallowed the gravy and got the discount price.

    Thanks for the advice, Audi! I basically just blindly bought it upon your recommendation because you're so helpful and knowledgeable.
    You're welcome. You won't be disappointed. Also, ASUS has 1-year accidental damage plan, so if your kids drop it... or spill milk on it... That type of shit is covered.

    I think everybody must have bought one... Because they're all sold out again. Haha.

    Also, the sale ended yesterday. So the site said when I was looking during work hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    What are your thoughts on Dell? In your opinion, what are the top 5 most reliable brands?
    Dell are "O K" but I probably wouldn't ever buy one for myself. My grandma bought one on sale last Xmas for $399, and for what she uses it for, it seems to be holding up alright.


    I don't have a top-5. As I said in one of my previous posts...

    #1, ACER
    #2, LENOVO
    #3, ASUS


    And whatever you do, for the love of god, never buy an HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    You're welcome. You won't be disappointed. Also, ASUS has 1-year accidental damage plan, so if your kids drop it... or spill milk on it... That type of shit is covered.

    I think everybody must have bought one... Because they're all sold out again. Haha.

    Also, the sale ended yesterday. So the site said when I was looking during work hours.
    Bump!
    So, it turns out that this rig doesn't come with MS Office. I haven't bought a lappy in 6+ years, but is Microsoft now doing an annual subscription bullshit thing? Is that the only way to get MS Office?
    It can't be... Right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •