Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Laptop, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Bump!
    So, it turns out that this rig doesn't come with MS Office. I haven't bought a lappy in 6+ years, but is Microsoft now doing an annual subscription bullshit thing? Is that the only way to get MS Office?
    It can't be... Right?
    Computers never come will full-blown office suites for free. It's always something you have to buy. Unless you get some special bundle. Might have been different back in the days of Office 97, or 2000/XP, or 2003?

But certainly for the last 10 years. Office Student was cheap/free, but you had to be a student. Office Home is like $250+, Office Pro is like $400+, and a few years back (starting with 2013) M$ started cloud-based Office365 which is a subscription based platform. It's actually pretty cheap for most people. Something like $99/year and you can install it on 5 PC's.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Office 365 is yearly subscription based, but if you pay a little more for Office 2016 Whatever edition, it doesn't have the subscription... unless they changed that in the last few months.

If you or your partner are taking a University course you can get Office University (which is O365) with a 4 year subscription for $80ish

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    Office 365 is yearly subscription based, but if you pay a little more for Office 2016 Whatever edition, it doesn't have the subscription... unless they changed that in the last few months.

If you or your partner are taking a University course you can get Office University (which is O365) with a 4 year subscription for $80ish
    Time to go knock up some young lady in uni.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Time to go knock up some young lady in uni.
    Orrrr.. if you know any teacher at any school.. there's a Work at home program where you can get Office for $13.00 for one computer.. I haven't used the "HUP" program for a while (since Office 2011), but the license was for 3 years, but nothing made you uninstall it afterwards - http://www.microsofthup.com/hupca/fa...?culture=en-CA

*edit... hmm they changed it.. it's not just schools anymore... maybe it's worth checking into, depending where you work (more for an office setting than a trade)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    Orrrr.. if you know any teacher at any school.. there's a Work at home program where you can get Office for $13.00 for one computer.. I haven't used the "HUP" program for a while (since Office 2011), but the license was for 3 years, but nothing made you uninstall it afterwards - http://www.microsofthup.com/hupca/fa...?culture=en-CA

*edit... hmm they changed it.. it's not just schools anymore... maybe it's worth checking into, depending where you work (more for an office setting than a trade)
    OK, well I already bagged a pair (no pull-outs) but now that you mention it, I do know a teacher, so I should prolly go that route in case neither of these chicks are fertile.
    Thanks!