Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Factory Five 33 Hot Rod Build.

Thanks

Hahaha... Fancy video effects in this one. I like it.

Thanks

Thanks

I think I vaguely remember over hearing you talk about this at OEM in the lunch room when I was there. Way to go! The videos explain the build, I'm actually more interested to know how much revenue this is bringing in on youtube? I've heard of a number of guys posting their builds on there, and it paid for the build, plus funded their new build. Got me thinking about doing the same and finally geting to do some of the projects I'm interested in like an LS1 in a Range Rover and a 350z.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
    I think I vaguely remember over hearing you talk about this at OEM in the lunch room when I was there. Way to go! The videos explain the build, I'm actually more interested to know how much revenue this is bringing in on youtube? I've heard of a number of guys posting their builds on there, and it paid for the build, plus funded their new build. Got me thinking about doing the same and finally geting to do some of the projects I'm interested in like an LS1 in a Range Rover and a 350z.
    Ya, i work there in the Powertrain Service Bay, name's Mark. Feel free to come say hi sometime!
    I don't monetize my videos so no ads run and I don't make any money off of it. I think you need a substantial amount of viewers to make a decent income off of it. my vote is go with the LS 350Z!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_monkey_man View Post
    Ya, i work there in the Powertrain Service Bay, name's Mark. Feel free to come say hi sometime!
    I don't monetize my videos so no ads run and I don't make any money off of it. I think you need a substantial amount of viewers to make a decent income off of it. my vote is go with the LS 350Z!
    I'm long gone there now. I was in the Engine Service bay for a month and a half last summer.

That's a lot of work to put in without any hopes of profit. Nice that you're taking the time to share all that info. You can grow your viewership by marketing your content in certain ways, and engaging your audience. It's all trial and error at the start though, you learn as you go. I figure I'd much rather be making income from home doing something fun, then being a slave to a job. So it's worth a shot.

The 350z LS has been done. I want to do it just because it would be a sick car to go have fun with. But I haven't seen anyone post a working LS swap in a L322 Range Rover yet. They all seem to have engine issues in them no matter what year, so a reliable 700hp option in a RR would be popular content I think. Shall see. Going to start capturing my basic garage work for now and go from there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
    That's a lot of work to put in without any hopes of profit. Nice that you're taking the time to share all that info. You can grow your viewership by marketing your content in certain ways, and engaging your audience....
    Ya I've made $3.40 off amazon links so far and spent >$2500 on camera/editing gear. So not a very good ROI haha. Just something fun to do as a hobby.

Thanks

Thanks

This thing is coming along awesome!! Good choice on the paint gun, I've used the same gun for the past 4-5 years and never had issues with it. Just make sure you clean it very well after you use it. Also, look into what size of a spray tip the gun came with and if you're good to use that size with the primer or if you need a bigger tip. I've had issues with thicker primer not spraying fast enough with a small tip and it comes out looking crappy.

Good luck with the painting, the only thing I can remember when I did my first "paint job" was when a guy told me to think of your arm as part of a machine, keep the same speed and lines throughout and you'll be good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazy240sx View Post
    This thing is coming along awesome!! Good choice on the paint gun, I've used the same gun for the past 4-5 years and never had issues with it. Just make sure you clean it very well after you use it. Also, look into what size of a spray tip the gun came with and if you're good to use that size with the primer or if you need a bigger tip. I've had issues with thicker primer not spraying fast enough with a small tip and it comes out looking crappy.

Good luck with the painting, the only thing I can remember when I did my first "paint job" was when a guy told me to think of your arm as part of a machine, keep the same speed and lines throughout and you'll be good.
    Thanks! What do you use for cleaning your gun? The gun came with a 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8 tips. I also got a 2.2tip for this gun separately.