Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Five 33 Hot Rod Build.

Default Factory Five 33 Hot Rod Build.

Hello everyone! Long time member of the forum. Sold my Evo and now building a Factory Five 33 Hot Rod kit which will be powered by a GM LS1,T56 transmission, and Ford 8.8 three link rear end. Here is a video describing the details of the project and I will be vlogging the entire build of the car. Please subscribe to the Youtube channel to see the build progress. There is also pictures of the build on my Instagram @dizzymarcus. I will also be posting the new videos here. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_monkey_man View Post
    Hello everyone! Long time member of the forum. Sold my Evo and now building a Factory Five 33 Hot Rod kit which will be powered by a GM LS1,T56 transmission, and Ford 8.8 three link rear end. Here is a video describing the details of the project and I will be vlogging the entire build of the car. Please subscribe to the Youtube channel to see the build progress. There is also pictures of the build on my Instagram @dizzymarcus. I will also be posting the new videos here. Let me know what you think, thanks!
    Sounds like a cool project I'll have to check out the videos when I get a chance.
    I was thinking about getting a factory five 818C as my next project, how hard was the process of bringing the kit car into Canada? any idea how much work it is going to take to get it insured and legal?
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    Sounds like a cool project I'll have to check out the videos when I get a chance.
    I was thinking about getting a factory five 818C as my next project, how hard was the process of bringing the kit car into Canada? any idea how much work it is going to take to get it insured and legal?
    Thanks! I really like the 818C as well. If this build goes well I may build one in the future. To be honest bringing one in was a total pain in the ass. You cannot bring in an entire kit car and have to get approval from Transportation Canada for what you can bring in. Then you have to source the rest of the kit from else where. If you google: Western Canadian Cobras there is a guy who used to bring Factory Five cars into Canada. He is retired from that now but still sells an Ebook that breaks down the importation and registration process. It's like $70 but you get a $100 voucher off your Factory Five order so it's worth it. If you decide you are going to order one shoot me a PM and I can give you a bunch more details what to do/not do, it has been a big learning process haha.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_monkey_man View Post
    Thanks! I really like the 818C as well. If this build goes well I may build one in the future. To be honest bringing one in was a total pain in the ass. You cannot bring in an entire kit car and have to get approval from Transportation Canada for what you can bring in. Then you have to source the rest of the kit from else where. If you google: Western Canadian Cobras there is a guy who used to bring Factory Five cars into Canada. He is retired from that now but still sells an Ebook that breaks down the importation and registration process. It's like $70 but you get a $100 voucher off your Factory Five order so it's worth it. If you decide you are going to order one shoot me a PM and I can give you a bunch more details what to do/not do, it has been a big learning process haha.
    I've actually spent the last few days researching these quiet a bit and I think I've actually switched to wanting a mark4 over the 818C. The 818c is more my style but I think I could turn around and sell the mark 4 pretty easily, maybe even for a bit of profit while I doubt that would happen with the 818C. Plus the mark4 is still a wicked awesome project right up my alley.
    I stumbled across Western Canada Cobras and their ebook during my research but I didn't realize he retired. that is unfortunate. I'll bug you about the specific issues closer to when I might actually order the kit. One question though, how long from ordering the kit to actually having it show up?
    Edit: also how much did it cost to get everything shipped here?
    Last edited by Dieseldakota; February 23rd, 2017 at 04:31 PM.
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    I've actually spent the last few days researching these quiet a bit and I think I've actually switched to wanting a mark4 over the 818C. The 818c is more my style but I think I could turn around and sell the mark 4 pretty easily, maybe even for a bit of profit while I doubt that would happen with the 818C. Plus the mark4 is still a wicked awesome project right up my alley.
    I stumbled across Western Canada Cobras and their ebook during my research but I didn't realize he retired. that is unfortunate. I'll bug you about the specific issues closer to when I might actually order the kit. One question though, how long from ordering the kit to actually having it show up?
    Edit: also how much did it cost to get everything shipped here?
    The Cobras are great as well, by far their best selling model good reason. I think it was about three months from when I placed my order to when I drove to Montana to pick it up. There is a video on my Youtube channel of when we drove down. It was about $2K USD to get the kit shipped to Montana. Then I just a paid the taxes at the border. It was a fair bit more to get it shipped right to my door.

Wow, a build thread. Haven't seen one of these for a while... good job!
    78 c-10

Sick build man, I've dreamed of building the 33 or the Daytona. I really like the youtube format you have for the build, subscribed!
    R324 GTR

Hahaha, great job with the videos. I look forward to the progress.