Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Hot Fozz

Thanks

You guys are both awesome - I highly appreciate it. Pretty sure I have a cozy garage to work in for the next bit, but if that falls through I'll give either of you a shout to see if that works. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Thanks

Woot woot! Heat is hot, blowers blow. Life is good.

Thanks to everyone that offered up their garages to get this done in!

The task,

The work to be done..

And the wiring.

When I pulled the HVAC harness from the Forester harness, ANYTHING attached to the radio/HVAC harness I kept on. There's a lot of slack that can be pulled out of this, but I didn't want to touch anything until I knew that it wouldn't somehow effect the heater.

Now that it's done I'm going to trim down on the excess wiring and get everything tucked away.

It's pretty cool seeing the different mechanisms work without the dash on - how it transfers heat from windshield/feet/body etc and the combinations there of. That part of the wiring made sense. I still don't quite understand how it changes heat from cold to cool, to hot etc. but it works.

That's the wiring. Anything highlighted in yellow didn't find a home - yet, but everything is still working just fine.

Out of this ENTIRE project I think the wiring was my biggest hurdle to overcome. Swapping in an engine is moving one thing to another, reading the wiring schematics is a whole different ball game.

Well.. that's the majority of the work. I'll put the interior back together... and then for the winter, that's the conclusion of this project. Anything from here on out will be for fun with the exception of a few odds and ends finished up.

Thanks

THE END

Just kidding. Here's my list for the future:

Exterior:
    Stock wing
    Sideskirts
    Bumper

Engine:
    Tune, followed by whatever supporting mods needed. Goal is 350AWHP.

Interior:
    Fiberglass in Defi Gauges.

This summer the first round will happen for aesthetics - powder coat the wheels, brembo brakes, intercooler piping, manifold and valve covers. While the Brembos are taken apart they'll be rebuilt which is just a natural choice.

Tune will be done once the Koyo rad is back in - I need to get that pressure tested. Going in at 282AWHP and I feel like there's a lot more room to go.. I'll find out what it's restrictions are to break that 300 barrier and then proceed from there.
    Last edited by JoshP2002; November 17th, 2017 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks

Great update. Nothing is like getting heat from the dash in the winter. :-)
    I know what you mean, it's really cool to see the HVAC works behind the dash, all the damper motor/doors, actuators, all work in unison when you turn the knobs. BTW, that looks like a really nice garage you worked in.