Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Fozz

Not bad for a wagon! The biggest goal here was to be able to carry my wee-man codriver whose only 4 months now, 2 huskys, wife, mountain bike and a roof carrier if need be - while boosting into the mountains.

I know there's controversy about the way the paint job was done, but honestly, I think the results speak for itself. The lights weren't removed, things were masked off - nicks and dents taken care of and sprayed. And it looks phenomenal - no overspray to be seen, everything is minty. I was skeptical at first, but couldn't be happier with my choice.

Digging the progress. Should be a fun car once the drivetrain is swapped! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the car painted?

Thanks - and it was a side job done at Maaco. They did a great job on it.

Definitely looking forward to the engine swap, definitely not looking forward to the wiring harness..

And what is everyone's opinion - keep the brembos stock colour (that dark yellow/orange - can be seen on the first page) or paint them another colour.. specifically black?

Awesome! Looks solid in the photos. Brakes wise, you should do black with white lettering

Pretty sure I'm going to go black - either white or gunmetal brembo lettering.

From picking her up in Regina on March 12th to picking her up from the shop April 13th - crazy it's only been a month of owning this thing.

The paint looks good. As long as it holds up for few years, I'd be happy. I wouldn't mind a cheap painjob for wife's car like this.

Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Looks and feels like new, I'm really happy. The current presentation I'd honestly be surprised if I didn't get 5-10 years out of it before the usual wear and tear? Then again, we'll see what I have to say in 5-10 years - but there's nothing that makes me doubt its integrity.

Really frustrated with how progress is going. It's been 0-100 over the last month, but now my learning curve is definitely slowing things down.

Youtubing all sorts of crap to get this done, thank goodness for both that and all the DIY threads. On that note, learned how to pull a ball joint today.

Front brakes are out, rears are giving me trouble - the lateral links are seized. I'm soaking them with penetrating oil consistently, hoping that they'll give me some give.

My goal in one weeks time is to:
    1. Have the rear differential dropped.
    2. All the brakes off, cleaned and painted - ready for their next home.
    3. Have the engine and tranny pulled

After that, I'm going to label the shit out of the wiring harness so that it's ready to be pulled out and moved over. I think I'm going to just move over the full harness - believe the only things I have to merge are the fuel pump, tail lights and HVAC controls. Who needs a heater anyways?

Damn, that's a lot of progress for one month. The new front end looks killer, nice work with the bumper widening and intercooler mods. The lowered suspension really pulls it together!