1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Fozz

Default Hot Fozz

The beginnings...

Well after owning my 04 Impreza with a full V7 JDM EJ207 swap including matching 6 speed and brembo brakes, it was written off. That was a good month and a half of ownership!

Where she sits now?

In my garage.. with a sludge hammer holding up the hood.

Sitting. Waiting. Watching.

What's next?

I'm on my way out to Regina tomorrow to drive back a 2003 Forester. Black, manual, leather interior (With heated seats, what what!) and the massive moon roof.

You might guess what's next - a full transplant.

The goal?

Hot Fozz.

2003 Subaru Forester (Picking up tomorrow, 10:30am)
    JDM STi front end (Purchasing shortly)
    EJ207 V7 Swap (Spec c, forged internals, semi closed deck)
    APS SR40 Turbo
    Greddy FMIC (For sale.. likely to go top mount)
    Mishimoto Radiator
    Fujitsubo cat back exhaust (Purchasing shortly)
    6 Speed
    Brembos

Currently puts down 292AWHP at 16lb of boost. I'll be doing some upgrades down the road but the overall goal is 350AWHP / 350 AWTQ... while holding two dogs, my kid and wife, and a few mountain bikes.

Brutal to hear about the subie.

But excited to see what come's from it all!!

^--- slow speed. Thankful my newborn boy, wife or dogs weren't in the car. Prefer that over any alternative!

Anyways -

Chapter 2! Too much torque for this guy..

Flew out this morning at 7:20am to arrive in Regina by 10:15. Was sitting in my vehicle by 11am - the first time I had seen it in person.

Definitely needs some love, but overall pretty happy. No rear quarter rust, sun roof is in phenomenal shape (Have you seen how big the glass is? It's awesome!)

Clutch throw out bearing is making noise, clutch itself has to be loved or it slips. A couple of dings/dents but that's to be expected of a 14 year old car. Interior is in 8/10 shape - couple of marks here and there, but a good steam cleaning and I'll be happy.

Anyways - on to the photos.

And then there's this..

That'll have to change ASAP.

But first off.. heading down to a JDM import shop next weekend. Picking up the JDM STi front end (Including headlights to get rid of those aftermarket ones. They'll be up for sale soon..) and catback exhaust.

Off to paint shortly after that, then likely be doing the tranny/brakes come mid April. Engine will be pulled soon to redo some gaskets and powder coating.

aren't those retrofitted headlights? don't like the output or looks?

Not a huge fan of the looks - just doesn't look as clean to me as stock headlights. Mind you, the JDM front end comes with factory HID's which look far cleaner than their USDM counterpart.

So here's where I'm at - just had the OPI done on the Fozz and a few things to be done before I can register it (Anybody have some fog lights I can borrow for a day..)

But I did run down to Calgary to pick up this stuff.

Fujitsubo catback exhaust, sounds like it has a good deep tone but isn't overly loud.

And the JDM front end. It'll fit the FMIC way better. Ya, I'm a poser with my non-functioning hood scoop now..

One of the things to fail on the Fozz was the suspension which I was expecting. The rear drivers side strut is blown. Thankfully sharing the same chassis as the Impreza it'll just swap over and lower me roughly an 1" as well. Plus it'll be way tighter.

So now.. swap the suspension in to the Fozz. Fix the fog lights. Patch the fender liners. Swap over a boot for the rack and pinion.. and then I'll get it reinspected.

Once that's done, the front end goes on and is going in for paint April 4th. Tint shortly after, and I'll put the exhaust on as well even with the N/A motor. Aesthetically it will be where I want.

Then starts the drive train.

Very nice, makes me miss my fozzy a little! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Keep the updates coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Ok...

But seriously. Appreciate the random little comments, keeps me motivated to continue this.

Anyways - did the suspension today. Ended up being a 2" drop front and rear, I'm much happier with the stance. Added bonus the rear left strut clunk is gone because it's no longer blown. Now I just need an alignment but everything overall seems much better.