Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Pro Off-Road/Big Tread Tires

Default Low Pro Off-Road/Big Tread Tires

I was looking at random pictures on instagram & saw some low pro bigger tread tires. I have never seen them before in my life. I like the look of them but have never seen them as a purchase choice locally. My summer tires on my truck are 305/45(i think)/R22. I was wondering if anyone knows if/where i could buy these types of tires locally. Doesnt have the be the 45 size sidewall could be a bit bigger. Im including some pictures i found on google.

It says they're Toyo Open Country, doesn't it?

http://www.toyotires.ca/tire/pattern/open-country-mt

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Sure, I get flamed for asking for Rota wheels and this guy gets his answer immediately from the same guys who flamed me.

Low pro and off road tires don't go together.... Are you planning on wheeling them? or a mall crawler?

If wheeling is an option then 17's is the largest rim I would go with. It will give you room to air down.

And since we're allowed to give our unsolicited opinion....I think they look dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccernut View Post
    Sure, I get flamed for asking for Rota wheels and this guy gets his answer immediately from the same guys who flamed me.

Low pro and off road tires don't go together.... Are you planning on wheeling them? or a mall crawler?

If wheeling is an option then 17's is the largest rim I would go with. It will give you room to air down.

And since we're allowed to give our unsolicited opinion....I think they look dumb.
    You asked about wheels that are notoriously unsafe and made poorly...he's asking about a tire made by a large scale manufacturer that has passed all load and safety requirements in a size that is the very same or similar as stock with a different tread pattern...two totally different things. You also have tinted headlights and clear fog lights...you opinion on aesthetics is therefore revoked.

Toyo makes them FYI as well as a few other brands, just hit up Kal-Tire or one of the tire sponsors on the board.

headlights are not tinted....they have a mesh grill that protects them from rocks. Those are not fog lights, they are off road lights... FYI

If the wheels are being sold legally...haven't they passed safety requirements?
    Last edited by Soccernut; March 21st, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

Yeah. You got flamed. But I also answered your question. Don't be so butt-hurt.

Rota's are notoriously shitty.

Nitto's and Toyo's are notoriously NOT shitty...

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Nitto's and Toyo's are notoriously NOT shitty...
    Yes, but 33" tires on a 22" rims are always shitty....regardless of who makes them. Any 4x4 guy would tell you that

They may not work for hardcore offroading... But the way 90% of trucks in Edmonton are used... They'd be fine.