First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low Pro Off-Road/Big Tread Tires

Rob FTW!

I have 20"s while not with Mud terrains, they are ATs, that I use yes primarily on road.. but I went with them cause I do go offroad.. (I'm torn, I need a lift as I keep scraping and bending the shit out of my nerf bars, but I still want to fit in parkades), and the stock POS highway tread Wrangler GS-As weren't cutting it.

I do have a set of 17" rims, but that's cause I had no takers when I tried to sell them from my old Durango.. they fit the Ram.. so winter rims for winter tires.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Dude. Wanting to buy Rota's is like wanting to bang a chick bareback that everybody KNOWS is disease-ridden, she's totally DTF, cheap, disposable, looks good (I guess), etc. But we're all part of the same club here, and we're telling you, DON'T FUCKING DO IT! It's not worth the chance.

Then somebody else changes the topic, and OP is asking about getting some crazy ribbed condoms, which I happen to think is pretty cool... So do lots of other people. And it has the added benefit OF NOT FUCKING KILLING YOU.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

STOP.

Christ.
    Thanks for the explanation. My argument was never about the merits of Rotas or 22" offroad tires. Both are ridiculous by certain standards.

My issue was the reception one gets vs another. I knew the risks attached.

I always thought this forum was cancerous but i guess I can't expect much from a population of 80% rig pigs. No wonder I never visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccernut View Post
    Sure, I get flamed for asking for Rota wheels and this guy gets his answer immediately from the same guys who flamed me...
    What is all this BS about!? There are only two posters (me and Audi) above this and you're accusing me of flaming you along with him?! Go dig up my post and quote it in here. Lemme save you the trouble.
    a.) I didn't flame you in that other thread.
    b.) I didn't even make a post in your other thread!

Furthermore, are you seriously still picking grains of sand out of your vag from a thread you started in December!!? Like, three months ago, December?!
    HurtFeelingsReport.jpg
    You can't be serious. Please go away and stop derailing this thread.

i do a lot of off roading, not going down the Oregon Trail with my truck that's what i got a quad for, but to get deep into the bush to do the activities i do. In the warmer months i have my 22inch summer rims on with 305/45/R22 basic street tires ive had no problems off roading in those, but i will most likely need new tires by next season. I like the look of the bigger tread tires & would give me better grip in the bush. 33x12.50/R22 would all id have room for in my wheel well, my truck is slightly lower to the ground. Winter i have studded Hankook iPikes on my stock 20 inch rims.

So just making the decision if i want to spend $500 a tire on some Hankook Ventus or $500 a tire on some big tread Nitto or Toyo
    Last edited by md.; March 24th, 2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by md. View Post
    i do a lot of off roading, not going down the Oregon Trail with my truck that's what i got a quad for, but to get deep into the bush to do the activities i do. In the warmer months i have my 22inch summer rims on with 305/45/R22 basic street tires ive had no problems off roading in those, but i will most likely need new tires by next season. I like the look of the bigger tread tires & would give me better grip in the bush. 33x12.50/R22 would all id have room for in my wheel well, my truck is slightly lower to the ground. Winter i have studded Hankook iPikes on my stock 20 inch rims.

So just making the decision if i want to spend $500 a tire on some Hankook Ventus or $500 a tire on some big tread Nitto or Toyo
    If you are sticking with the same rim (width/offset) you should be ok if you currently fit 305/40/22 with no rub.

33x12.5/22 are 33.02in diameter and 305/40/22 is 32.81in

Width is 12.5 wide 305s are 12.01

So you aren't dealing a ton difference.

Quote Originally Posted by md. View Post

You can't go wrong with either Nitto or Toyo tires, we are impressed with grapplers and open country.