Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backed my audi into a pole. Fml

Default Backed my audi into a pole. Fml

Car is a b6 s4 cabrio. Haven't had an accident in 10 years of driving, then have the most pathetic one ever. So mad at myself, making me feel sick actually.

What's my best course of action, insurance deductible is 1000 and I got quoted 1386 parts/ labour by a shop.
    Are there any decent shops that may do it cheaper or have a means of fixing the screwed bumper itself ? Any help / advice would be much appreciated. Pic for reference :

I can't help you on the price bit, but don't feel bad, I did the same thing in my truck.. Grocery store parking lot, lots of pedestrians to keep track of.. I had the sensors turned off cause I just had a trailer on... couldn't see the pole in any mirror, nor on the camera.. it just lined up.. hit it doing like 2-3km/h and pushed my metal bumper in.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    I can't help you on the price bit, but don't feel bad, I did the same thing in my truck.. Grocery store parking lot, lots of pedestrians to keep track of.. I had the sensors turned off cause I just had a trailer on... couldn't see the pole in any mirror, nor on the camera.. it just lined up.. hit it doing like 2-3km/h and pushed my metal bumper in.
    Ya thanks for that, feeling pretty dumb right now. My paint is splattered all over the massive square base f said pole, I think I was looking in the mirror but didn't have it low enough t see that the pole had a square base. I guess it could be worse, but I just finished doing the brakes on the car and didn't want to shell out money on a bumper. Zero silver lining here.

Your insurance is going to look at is an at fault clam more than likely. For some thing like this I would just pay out of pocket. One thing about plastic body parts is it's almost better to replace them rather than repairing them. I'm sure Zaho could answer this better.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Your insurance is going to look at is an at fault clam more than likely. For some thing like this I would just pay out of pocket. One thing about plastic body parts is it's almost better to replace them rather than repairing them. I'm sure Zaho could answer this better.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Does anyone have a recommendation for a body's hop that may deliver a less expensive quote ?

Thank you

Yeah when your deductible is that high, you might as well pay the extra couple bucks out of pocket and have no claim on your insurance.

Talk with Darren at Carstar in Sherwood Park, unsure what their prices are going to be like for you but they do great work!

Pay out of pocket, for sure.

Or just put a giant Hello Kitty band-aid on it, like I did.

+5 street cred

Or drift-stitch... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Or drift-stitch... lol
    Yeah, I was going to offer that. I'll do a drift stich for 87% of your lowest quote.
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Pay out of pocket, for sure.

Or just put a giant Hello Kitty band-aid on it, like I did.

+5 street cred

Or drift-stitch... lol
    lol i was strongly considering the sticker option. But with the way the damage is contorted, i don't think it will sit flush. Any other half-ass'd ways of covering it up would be strongly considered though. Haha. Drift stich just with holes drilled and zip ties? Somehow i think i'll fail at that and make it worse lol.

Ugh, i really don't want to shell out 1300 bones for damage that is somewhat inconspicuous.

Will check out carstar in sherwood park.