Auto Obsessed

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who can install lowering springs for me?

I'm definitely not against Chris, I will probably use him in future, I just know what op meant. I'm just against people of the "You're an idiot if you let anyone else besides a shop do it" mentality. Also, If I had a nearly new car, I'd take it to a reputable person if I wasn't trying it myself.

im done with this forum
    Last edited by Mr.WhiteGTI; March 31st, 2017 at 05:18 PM.

Wow, quite the troll job going on.

I have a guy who does work for me when I don't have the time, he's a VW/Audi enthusiast and one of the few people I trust to work on my car when I'm not watching. His name's Mike, he's always up for side jobs.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.WhiteGTI View Post
    im done with this forum
    Bye Felicia

I've found a people to install springs on my last 2 vehicles on here for less than $200 bucks.

I know its not difficult and i know that it doesn't actually take 5.5 hours, which is why i dont wanna pay the 600 dollars.
    I just can't stan back and let this roll out like this. The time I quoted you was actually more that book time so that tells me you only called me. I have yet to do a job with in book time guidelines. Here is one way of looking at it. How many spring changes have I done on VW cars? One. How many spring changes have I done over all, around 300. Because of the nature of my shop and customers I'm almost doing every job for the first time. But it's not my first time doing that type of job, know what I mean? I'm all for people looking to save money and get the best price possible. I'm not a charity and need to make money to live. I promote people doing things them selfs and sometimes offer a had. Unfortunately I don't work on VW cars all day and if your car came into the shop it would not be my 15,000 VW Jetta spring change over. But there are more than a few reasons people use me. It because I go the extra mile to make sure the customer is happy. Your not taking your car to a place where you end up talking to 16 diypeiple. You talk to me and I'm the one doing the work.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

im done with this forum

Some people can do work themselves on cars. Some people know people who can do work and will help them out or do it for them cheap. Some people can't do the work themselves, and dont have friends to help them...... and for those people there are mechanics.

Have you even googled that job. 5.5 hours is overkill? How would you know, you never did it yourself, and sounds like you've never done anything yourself on a car. You need 2 specialty tools to do it, or need to fuck around with figuring out your own special homebrew tool to get around VW's specialty tool requirement. For the front uou remove the endlinks, drop the front control arm, and then you spend 30 minutes looking at what the fuck you do next to get the strut out. If you got 2 other people to do it for you before, you have absolutely no excuse for not doing it yourself this time around if it's 'super easy'. How did you pay so little attention to the last 2 installs that you learned nothing? You could at least do your own rear end, as you would not use a hoist for that, and it is one bolt with no spring compressor needed..... then pay book time to do the front.

Bitching that a forum you have 6 posts on wont drop everything and rush over to do your springs for you is pretty autistic. Don't let the aspergers hit you on the way out.
    Last edited by zhao; March 31st, 2017 at 09:25 PM.

This thread feels more like "good old" 780tunas. It makes me happy.

Seriously though, OP should have probably negotiated upgraded springs and installation right through the dealership, and financed it... lol.

I was genuinely trying to be helpful by recommending Chris. I know that if I, personally, owned a hoist - I wouldn't be inviting every random poster off the internet to come to my house and do work on their cars, for next to free.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

I know OP said bye felicia.. But I know quite a few people that go to Pug City with their VWs.

But I am sure it will still be more then the pennies the OP is trying to pay lol.