Raczer

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ed Kijiji Tire Guy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawx View Post
    Does Ed do motorcycle tires?
    He does. But some motorcycle wheels do not fit on his balancer. Particularly front wheels that tends to have a smaller hub bore diameter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhodi View Post
    Can i get Ed's number someone?
    Pm'ed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawx View Post
    Does Ed do motorcycle tires?
    He did mine.. 150 front and 235 car tire on the rear, neither rim could be put on his balancer so he old school hand balanced them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

I just got back from dealing with him for the 100th time. Awesome as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Registered here to say, hot damn, what a great dude. He said he was busy tomorrow and I could drop off my tires any time today, and he'd have them done later. When I showed up, he said "Man, I'll do them right now, these are easy". Awesome conversation while he mounted a set of Jeep tires for me, took no time at all, and I tried to tip him, but he wasn't having that.

Seriously, what a standup dude. I'll take my ST rims to him next week, he's my guy now.

Thanks

Which part of Edmonton is he located?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    He did mine.. 150 front and 235 car tire on the rear, neither rim could be put on his balancer so he old school hand balanced them.
    Ohhh I can't believe people still do that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ab_lostboy View Post
    Registered here to say, hot damn, what a great dude. He said he was busy tomorrow and I could drop off my tires any time today, and he'd have them done later. When I showed up, he said "Man, I'll do them right now, these are easy". Awesome conversation while he mounted a set of Jeep tires for me, took no time at all, and I tried to tip him, but he wasn't having that.

Seriously, what a standup dude. I'll take my ST rims to him next week, he's my guy now.
    Welcome and Hello,
    I'm new here too!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Which part of Edmonton is he located?
    North East, around 66st and 132Ave
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanscott View Post
    Ohhh I can't believe people still do that
    Ya, in some cases Darksiding is good. in my case, it came with a 240 rear stock tire. On my bike for the way I ride it handles better in every way, parking lot, towing the trailer I have for behind my bike, highway. There's only 2 so called "cons" I've run into, 1. If the road has a steep crown the bike will lean so the rear is flat with pavement, it's feels funny to lean and go straight, but hasn't caused any issues thus far, it's kinda like riding with a very strong cross wind. 2. At lose your license speeds, like 150+ (short version, dude ran a stop at 40km/h-ish almost t-boned me, I gave him the finger and he "tried" to chase me) I get a bit of speed wobble (except it's a rear wobble, not front.. the tail wages so to speak, so it's more controllable that typical speed wobble), the speed it starts to wobble depends on the pavement surface type, so I don't know if it's a tire thing or a balance thing.. don't really care as it is at very high speeds, and I'm almost never up there.

My primary reason for switching is I get about 16,000km out of a set of bike tires, so I'm changing them every year. The tire I went with is rated for 100,000km on a car, so even if I only get 50,000km out of it, I'm still laughing as it was the same price as one motorcycle rear tire.
    Last edited by SilverNeonRacer; April 26th, 2018 at 09:05 AM.