First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hennessy/Chevrolet's answer, the 1000hp "Excorcist"

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator

Default Hennessy/Chevrolet's answer, the 1000hp "Excorcist"

The Exorcist will make a parallel public debut when it is unveiled in its home state of Texas at the Houston Auto Show while the Demon is introduced at the New York International Auto Show.

Hennessey's team starts with a 2017 Camaro ZL1, then adds the $55,000 Exorcist upgrade, which includes a larger, higher flowing supercharger and intercooler, ported factory cylinder heads, a hotter camshaft, long-tube stainless steel headers, high-flow air induction system and custom engine management calibration.

The Exorcist upgrade is available for both 6-speed manual and 10-speed automatic equipped ZL1 Camaros, though the automatic requires another $9,950 worth of improvements so the transmission can withstand the fury of the engine's 996 lb.-ft. of torque.

http://www.maxim.com/rides/hennessey...-camaro-2017-4

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

55k CAD? that's like...nearly 70% of the vehicles CAD MSRP (~80k).

Hennessy isn't even that great of a company...one can dig up lots of dirt on those guys who are viewed as crooks even. Severely overpriced products, and fail to deliver the full promised performance in many cases.

Hope they read this, they can come the **** at me, maybe upgrade my Ford hot hatch with their HPE package that they have available for my car. Then maybe I'll drop this.

So an aftermarket performance division takes a car and makes it faster than its OE competitor.... its certainly not Chevrolet's answer, nor do I think it was Hennessy's intent. Power and performance is what they do, wait until they get their hands on the Demon.

Interesting, but kind of cheeky.

Its like the Chevy Reaper not really a Raptor competitor because its not factory. Why is GM so unwilling to make performance aside from the Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by md. View Post
    Its like the Chevy Reaper not really a Raptor competitor because its not factory. Why is GM so unwilling to make performance aside from the Corvette.
    Why does Chrysler make two or three vehicles that have better specs than their premier sports car?

Quote Originally Posted by md. View Post

GM builds a Camaro ZL1 which is faster around a track then the GT350R and faster in a straight line then a Hell Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post

GM builds a Camaro ZL1 which is faster around a track then the GT350R and faster in a straight line then a Hell Cat.
    Yet I'd still take the GT350R. Hell, I'd trade in my Camaro tomorrow for a GT350! The Ford is just a better looking vehicle and, arguably, better built.
    Last edited by QPDO; April 15th, 2017 at 08:05 PM.

It's fugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.