1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hennessy/Chevrolet's answer, the 1000hp "Excorcist"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QPDO View Post
    Yet I'd still take the GT350R. Hell, I'd trade in my Camaro tomorrow for a GT350! The Ford is just a better looking vehicle and, arguably, better built.
    I do not know if there is a way to say that it is built better but I would definitely agree that the GT350R is better looking. It is also a unique engine with the flat plane crankshaft vs the supercharged 6.2L V8.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    I do not know if there is a way to say that it is built better but I would definitely agree that the GT350R is better looking. It is also a unique engine with the flat plane crankshaft vs the supercharged 6.2L V8.
    Fit and finish of every modern day chevrolet has been complete garbage, and has been for some time.

Thanks

Fit and finish of every modern day chevrolet has been complete garbage, and has been for some time.
    Modern day? You mean FOREVER, at least since the 90s.

Thanks

So an aftermarket performance division takes a car and makes it faster than its OE competitor.... its certainly not Chevrolet's answer, nor do I think it was Hennessy's intent. Power and performance is what they do, wait until they get their hands on the Demon.
    When someone names a car Exorcist, they are clearly targeting the Demon.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    When someone names a car Exorcist, they are clearly targeting the Demon.
    That was my thinking

1000+HP is a number everyoen seems to be throwing around these days.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Well, there it is then...

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 907 Posts

Ok common now. I get that the Mustang might have some endearing qualities that people like, like styling or lighter weight than the Chevy or Mopar alternatives. But you can't use the justification of liking the Ford by trashing the Chevy interior fit and finish. The only worse interior out there than Chevy is every single Ford on the market. And it's a wide gap too.

It's infuriating to see how far the other American manufacturers have come, and Ford just flat out refuses to get with the times and increase their quality. But I gotta hand it to them, why spend a pile of money to make a competitive product when people buy your junk anyway? They obviously have world class management and marketing to be able to sell an inferior product in record numbers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Why does Chrysler make two or three vehicles that have better specs than their premier sports car?

The Hellcat/Demon IS their flagship car now technically. But obviously you're referring to the Viper. Other than peak HP, what spec does the Hellcat hold over the Viper? Even with the Viper being a track car, it still holds it own on the drag strip against the Hellcat.

Thanks

Ugly, and these names are getting ridiculous.