Auto Obsessed

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Are forums dying?

Quote Originally Posted by chrenan View Post
    srsly zhao iz supa kewl & writes rly gr8
    Almost epic. Should have spelled "writes" wrong. "rights" would have been humorous. I suppose. Fgt.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Funny/ironic that this is the first thread I read today. As I'm browsing the internet, bored, I think to myself "fuck I haven't logged on to 780 in a lonnnng time" I used to sign in and post daily, whereas now, I couldn't tell you the last time I posted anything here. Ban hammer hurt it a lot, but FB and non specific replies to everything hurt it as well. I come lurk here every now and again but it will unfortunately never be a daily stop on my internet travels again.

The one thing about facebook groups I have noticed it that it seems like it's a rotation of the exact 4-5 questions over and over again. A frontier group I found on facebook is
    -what exhaust
    -what lift
    -what tires
    -what intake
    -rinse repeat recycle forever.
    You compare that to something like clubfrontier.org and there are extensive write ups on those subject with pictures, sometimes audio clips (exhaust), metal fabrication etc
    Model View Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    The one thing about facebook groups I have noticed it that it seems like it's a rotation of the exact 4-5 questions over and over again. A frontier group I found on facebook is
    -what exhaust
    -what lift
    -what tires
    -what intake
    -rinse repeat recycle forever.
    You compare that to something like clubfrontier.org and there are extensive write ups on those subject with pictures, sometimes audio clips (exhaust), metal fabrication etc
    ^exactly this

Your mom says I'm gr8.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Your mom says I'm gr8.
    I'd like this post, but that forum feature was taken away. So instead, I'll quote it.

One of these days I might move over to the Chrysler Minivan Fan Club forum and change my name to Stow-n-go. Things seem to be a bit more active there. I'll post a pic of a stock caravan for my signature and how many miles it has like the other users.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    One of these days I might move over to the Chrysler Minivan Fan Club forum and change my name to Stow-n-go. Things seem to be a bit more active there. I'll post a pic of a stock caravan for my signature and how many miles it has like the other users.
    lololololololol
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenLude View Post
    Funny/ironic that this is the first thread I read today. As I'm browsing the internet, bored, I think to myself "fuck I haven't logged on to 780 in a lonnnng time" I used to sign in and post daily, whereas now, I couldn't tell you the last time I posted anything here. Ban hammer hurt it a lot, but FB and non specific replies to everything hurt it as well. I come lurk here every now and again but it will unfortunately never be a daily stop on my internet travels again.
    Same for me. The interest in cars is still strong in Edmonton, but the interest in 780tuners is at an all time low. I prefer the forums over Facebook, so that's not where I've gone. I'm now a more regular reader of Beyond.ca, Jalopnik, and straightpipe.ca. This place used to be fun and there was a lot of great car content, but then there was the first big crackdown which crushed peoples desire to post and those that posted got banned. Then mods started trying to generate discussions on their own by posting "automotive content" and hoping people would talk about it. I think there was another big round of bannings followed by the virus redirect, which in my opinion was the nail in the coffin for this place. I also adblock the shit out of this site and I'm shocked how crappy it looks when I happen upon it from a browser without adblock.