1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are forums dying?

Default Are forums dying?

Curious what your thoughts are, do you think forums are dying?

With things like facebook now with instant response, you see a lot more activity on groups like the "Alberta Import, Euro and Performance Club" in a half hour than you do on a forum in one day.

The problem with that group and groups like it is it's just an absolute fuck show. That import one in particular is 99% a bunch of posts about someone spotting some queer bait stanced pruis....

This place and places like it at least have some form of a structure.... however 780 does lack compared to 3-5 years ago.
    78 c-10

I don't know about dying. I'm on a fairly large popular trades forum that is constantly growing and a motorcycle model specific forum that gets a decent amount of activity in a day. I don't have facebook anymore but from what i saw many groups were a mess.

This forum seems to be dying a slow death however.
    1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport 4x4
    2016 Yamaha FZ-09

These general sort of forums have never been big or popular. Model specific forums are where there's action. People generally use forums for gathering or sharing information. The only reason for anyone to come here is for a specific question that relates to something that is both Edmonton and Automotive in nature.

This specific forum is dying because not many members, nobody posts. Etc etc.

Beyond.ca has a ton more traffic and threads.

I feel like the car community in Calgary is just in general.. larger. But this forum does definitely seem to be dying off with the exception of a few of the oldies. Hell, I feel like an oldie on here and I remember seeing the legit oldies fade away.

Think the ban hammer kind of killed this forum. Use to be hilarious, even tho it was off topic. I came for the LOLs, I still check daily just incase.

Not all forums are doing but most have slowed down.
    It sucks because I like the structure, I hate facebook groups because it seems so disorganized to me.

Unfortunately a general forum like this will struggle.
    A build to most people is getting a shop to throw on rims and tires, a cai or exhaust nowadays. People who do serious builds generally take them to specific forums for advice and comments, sometimes they are copied to a general forum like this but the only real replies you will get are people saying it looks nice etc. no actual discussion.

I stick around for the fitness and general threads more than the automotive content to be honest. it does suck that some of the lols are cut down by moderating.
    #RAM

IMG_2721.jpg
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608