1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: F1 network?

Default F1 network?

I'm wanting to cancel my cable since the only thing Inuse it for is watching F1. Anyone know of a network or service where you can just subscribe to stream everything on demand? Can't seem to find much of anything on XBMC. And all the streaming links don't seem to work when I google it.

The r/formula1 subreddit has had users now post their streaming links to r/motorsportsstreams. In those threads are posted links to stream websites (with lots of ads, hope you got ublock origin) and also Ace stream ID's, which I think are generally better than the streaming sites. Ace Player is basically VLC media player but that takes these ID keys which connect you to live streams.

If you are not typically awake for most races (considering the times are tailored to the UK) the best source for Qualy and Race torrents, but not practice, is via this guy. There are some other private trackers I use, general ones and some that specifically do motorsports only, that will also post free practice torrents as well as race/qualy. PM if needed but smcgill should be the best choice.
    Last edited by bung; April 17th, 2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: drunken commas

I'll do streaming if I absolutely have to. Thanks for the links and sources.

Can't believe something silly like WWE has its own subscription network, and the most watched "sporting event" on the planet doesn't. Seems like F1 is really leaving money on the table.

The new owners just took over this year, Liberty Media, they're supposedly well known for managing big sports stateside like NFL or something, and the hope is they will start to provide some new ways to watch... Unfortunately I'm guessing that the contracts with NBCSN, TSN, Sky will probably prevent something from coming out [close to us] in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    The new owners just took over this year, Liberty Media, they're supposedly well known for managing big sports stateside like NFL or something, and the hope is they will start to provide some new ways to watch... Unfortunately I'm guessing that the contracts with NBCSN, TSN, Sky will probably prevent something from coming out [close to us] in the short term.
    I don't know about that. They still broadcast UFC and WWE on regular cable all the time, yet you can still pay monthly for an on demand subscription service to either of those things. Guess time will tell. In the meantime I checked that users torrents, have to DL to see the quality, good to know it's an option.

Your best bet is finding it online. It's unlikely anyone will put in the capital to start up an F1 dedicated channel for a dying platform such as cable TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmodity View Post
    Your best bet is finding it online. It's unlikely anyone will put in the capital to start up an F1 dedicated channel for a dying platform such as cable TV.

F1 itself won't spend some investment money to make a lot more money? That seems like a silly mindset. F1 in itself is just a giant marketing/adspace conglomerate designed to make money.

Not sure what cable TV has to do with a subscription based service? Netflix and The like seem to do pretty good, and they will despite the inevitable fall of cable TV.

I would love to see them do it. Let me know when it is available!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmodity View Post
    I would love to see them do it. Let me know when it is available!

Well it's only a matter of time. So fingers crossed it comes sooner than later. With the demise of cable TV on the horizon, they'll have to do something to deliver their content to the fans.