Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Tiny Homes

Thanks

Default Tiny Homes

Anyone have any experience with these? Any information? Where to start?

Been looking at some stuff in Alberta, but also noticed Alibaba is offering kits shipped in seacans.

Thanks

If you were at the home renovation show there were 1-2 tiny homes there. I do know the owner/builder of one of those homes if you pm your contact information I'll see if I can get him to reach out to you.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

I really like the idea of a tiny home.. But there really does not to be a following here for it. Plus I am not too sure where you would park your tiny home.

There are some micro condos and micro garage suites popping up in Edmonton that might be a similar idea.

Did you watch the documentary on Netflix called Minimalism? Really interesting documentary. I think everyone can learn something from that documentary.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    I really like the idea of a tiny home.. But there really does not to be a following here for it. Plus I am not too sure where you would park your tiny home.

There are some micro condos and micro garage suites popping up in Edmonton that might be a similar idea.

Did you watch the documentary on Netflix called Minimalism? Really interesting documentary. I think everyone can learn something from that documentary.
    This is more to help with my business. I really don't need much space, but I need a shop. Commercial real-estate in Edmonton is ridiculous, there isn't room for a single-owner/employee business to get is feet off the ground. But "tiny" might be too tiny. So far, this is in the lead (if the whole idea goes anywhere):

http://www.habitaflex.com/en

I actually found some land south of Edmonton that is zoned for exactly what I want. Has a crappy old house on it. Demo house, put this in its place, build shop. I talked with Izerous' contact, but seems they are all about the REAL tiny homes on trailers.

Thanks

Yeah ok for that kind of purpose he would have been the wrong contact, what kind of square footage are you looking for and do you need an actual store front.

There are places like the following which are just strips of shop bays that you can get a hold of, put up an interior wall for an office space and have the shop in the rest of the bay. (I have no idea how much these specific units cost)
    https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Edm...909267!6m1!1e1

If you need a store front the prices start jumping pretty quick for anything zoned commercial.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    This is more to help with my business. I really don't need much space, but I need a shop. Commercial real-estate in Edmonton is ridiculous, there isn't room for a single-owner/employee business to get is feet off the ground. But "tiny" might be too tiny. So far, this is in the lead (if the whole idea goes anywhere):

http://www.habitaflex.com/en

I actually found some land south of Edmonton that is zoned for exactly what I want. Has a crappy old house on it. Demo house, put this in its place, build shop. I talked with Izerous' contact, but seems they are all about the REAL tiny homes on trailers.

These tiny homes don't make sense in any circumstance. If someone wants a minimalist portable home, then why not just buy an RV that's cheaper and already designed for that?

In your case, if you're not concerned about portability and being able to pick up and tow it behind a truck at a moments notice. Then I would just get 3-4 seacans, put them together, and finish the interior into a small home/office.