Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LF A/C Company

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Would you mind sharing some more details? How big is your place? What did Karl quote you? Etc...

i also used Karl from a recommendation on here at my duplex a couple years back. he was knowledgeable, showed me his red seal cert etc and did a clean install and quickly. Was quite a bit cheaper than the lowest cash jobs i was finding, even cheaper than a friend of mine actually. That was a 1350s.f. duplex and i think he put in a 2 ton york unit for $2700.

I'm at a new place now at 2000 s.f. and need a/c again. I contacted Karl and he's still doing the installs but he quoted me $3200 for the same unit now (of course a bigger unit though). Still not a bad price but i've contacted others on kijiji and i'm getting quotes in the 2500-2800 range as well. Usually i'd just jump to Karl as i know his work, however its a big enough difference for me to at least think about, i just don't know how reputable these other guys are.

A side question on the topic, how many of you are stringent on the installer or yourself pulling the electrical permits for this etc? At the duplex we never bothered, but for some reason my friend who was doing a few installs but stopped (a refrig. tech), said that he was finding the city being very stingy with electrical permits or something rather and to watch out for it. curious to know the general consensus on that one.

thanks homie!
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Karl told me his price jumped due to the dollar being so shitty now. The big difference between quotes could be due to parts being used also. Karl only uses York which is the best option. Maybe these other guys are using cheaper units?

Built in 2006. 1800sq ft, 2 story.

He gave me 2 options, and in my case the unit is just going to sit on a pad...

Your home requires a 3 ton AC I have two options for you.
    1). Supply and install a York 3 ton, 13 seer A/C system for $3200.00
    2). Supply and install a York 3 ton, 14.5 seer A/C system for $3600.00 this unit is more energy efficient and quieter.
    Both units have a complete 10 year parts and one year labour warranty.
    Prices includes GST, all components and installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Karl told me his price jumped due to the dollar being so shitty now. The big difference between quotes could be due to parts being used also. Karl only uses York which is the best option. Maybe these other guys are using cheaper units?
    Most of these other guys that have provided quotes from Kijiji are using York units as well, one guy actually quoted for a carrier. I was satisfied enough with the york from the last install, mind you i only got to use it for 2 years before moving out.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhite View Post
    Built in 2006. 1800sq ft, 2 story.

He gave me 2 options, and in my case the unit is just going to sit on a pad...

Your home requires a 3 ton AC I have two options for you.
    1). Supply and install a York 3 ton, 13 seer A/C system for $3200.00
    2). Supply and install a York 3 ton, 14.5 seer A/C system for $3600.00 this unit is more energy efficient and quieter.
    Both units have a complete 10 year parts and one year labour warranty.
    Prices includes GST, all components and installation.
    exact same quotes i got from Karl for our 1952 s.f. 2-storey. My refrigeration tech friend said you wont make up the cost over a 13 SEER unit in efficiency savings, and to me it really wasn't all that "loud" either. I would go with a 13 again, not like you're running it here in alberta all year long anyways.

Here's some more info if your in the market for an AC system. The minimum seer rating has changed for this year from 13 seer to 14.5 seer. You can still buy 13 seer units which makes it confusing but they will not pass inspection if you get one. Also if you have a high end high efficient furnace(with a variable speed motor). You can get a 13 seer unit bumped up to 14.5 Seer.

I'm a Carrier dealer and we've had steady 5-8% cost increases for the last three years due to the dollar. I have installed for members of 780 in the past and will give quotes if your interested. I do have a company/employees/insurance/warranty etx so I can't match cash guys, but we are very competitively priced.
    91 civic
    turbo ls/vtec
    10.92 @ 129mph

Quote Originally Posted by Holset Hatch View Post
    Here's some more info if your in the market for an AC system. The minimum seer rating has changed for this year from 13 seer to 14.5 seer. You can still buy 13 seer units which makes it confusing but they will not pass inspection if you get one. Also if you have a high end high efficient furnace(with a variable speed motor). You can get a 13 seer unit bumped up to 14.5 Seer.

I'm a Carrier dealer and we've had steady 5-8% cost increases for the last three years due to the dollar. I have installed for members of 780 in the past and will give quotes if your interested. I do have a company/employees/insurance/warranty etx so I can't match cash guys, but we are very competitively priced.
    at 3600 for a 3 ton thats pretty close to retail cost. The cost on those units for everything is around 1600-1800 unless hes not getting a good wholesale price. I honestly wouldnt pay any sidejob tech more than 2600-2700 for a 3 ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Holset Hatch View Post

PM'd 10 Char

Just a quick update, Karl installed a.c. on our place last weekend, showed up on time (10 min early), answered all of our questions without hesitation, very professional.

I've already recommended him to a few others, great guy and very easy to deal with.

Also wife had to email him yesterday for some info to add onto our warranty, he responded within a few minutes.

Will definitely use him again on our next place!