First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corsair CPU Liquid Cooler Exploded

Interesting, I have 3 computers with the H80i, my brother have one as well. I had an issue with one h80i where the pump broke and was free spinning, so nothing report wrong, just ran hot, replaced it with another h80i... I'll a have to keep a closer eye on them.

I can't find it now, but I recall reading that the cooling fluid was non-conductive.

It is non-conductive... Until it touches dust.

Cause computers never have dust in them... :P

Some cooling liquids are non-conductive when they are new. Exposure, dust, and age can change that. Liquid in a loop 3 years later depending on what it is contacting in theory picks up the ions of the metals and becomes conductive over time.

The TRUELY non-conductive stuff is really expensive. I had a flooded power supply and the specialty fluid for that was around $250 for 500ml over 5 years ago.
    Model View Caffeine

I remember at Frag in 2006 or so a fellow turned his tower into a fish tank, had his drives outside of the tank, but mobo, psu, gpu, etc were all in it and it was filled with transformer cooling oil. and iirc he had a pump to circulate the oil in the tank.