First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about trading a car in

Default Question about trading a car in

This might sound stupid but when trading in a car does the cleanliness of the car help the trade value. I'm talking like interior detailing and what not, will it help or will it not matter cause they do it all themselves anyways?
    You see when you have an operational engine, it turns the wheels giving you the ability to run into shit. If your car ever had one of those you'd understand what I'm getting at.

It shouldn't. The dealers account for that when the give you a price. Heck you can find out your trade in value sight unseen.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

I don't think it makes much difference, either. Their offer will be nothing short of insulting. A price so low, that you could put an ad on Kijiji and someone would buy it from you over the phone.
    They will wash it, wax it, give it a "7,214 point inspection" (ie - check the brakes and invent 7,213 other critical items to look at, such as washer fluid level) and sell it for thousands more than they paid you.
    What kind of car?

I would say full on detailing don't bother. But don't bring the car in dirty.

Lexus actually gave me a pretty fair value in my 2006 IS. They said 4500$ in the office, I asked if they wanted to see it or if that's all they'll do. He went out to look and says "wow this is in good shape, give you 6500$ for it". Worked for me.

Its a scion XB so its by no means a premium car lol. I am cleaning it regardless because its time to do it even if I keep, just wondering if I should put in extra effort or not, sounds like no.
    You see when you have an operational engine, it turns the wheels giving you the ability to run into shit. If your car ever had one of those you'd understand what I'm getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post

Lexus actually gave me a pretty fair value in my 2006 IS. They said 4500$ in the office, I asked if they wanted to see it or if that's all they'll do. He went out to look and says "wow this is in good shape, give you 6500$ for it". Worked for me.
    Did it have over 400k or something?

That still sounds awful, doesn't it? Those are about $45k new? How could 85% of the value of a premium Toyota product vanish in 10 years? That's near the price of a 10 year old Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    Did it have over 400k or something?

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    That still sounds awful, doesn't it? Those are about $45k new? How could 85% of the value of a premium Toyota product vanish in 10 years? That's near the price of a 10 year old Accord.

Car is worth about 8500$ on the market. They gave me 6500$ plus 2000$ off the price of the car. So it worked out to be basically what I paid for it. As far as trade ins go, that's pretty good.

Car is worth about 8500$ on the market. They gave me 6500$ plus 2000$ off the price of the car. So it worked out to be basically what I paid for it. As far as trade ins go, that's pretty good.
    How much km's did it have when you bought it? I rarely see an is350 for under 10k.