Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Section 51(d) - Operating vehicle without license in possession

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickXeo View Post
    I wouldnt plead not guilty... Id probably just suck it up since I lost it.
    I'm in the same boat.

You got a ticket for not having your license. Did you have your license? No. Boom. Case closed.

Suck it up and pay. You lost your shit. It sucks. At least he didn't give you the tint ticket on top of it.

I got pulled over recently... Driving with an expired license. Fucking sucks. $233 ticket. Probably the same one you got.

How often do people look at their own fucking drivers license? Never. That's how often.

On top of that, I had to hand over my license to be photocopied by a dealership recently, to take a test drive in a new truck. They didn't notice.

I also had to renew my registration recently, this was like, just a few weeks before my license expired, apparently. And the person at the registry didn't notice either, or recommend I update it.

So, yeah, life sucks. Pay up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Using the excuse of needing to be in Red Deer for work is invalid too. Driving yourself to Red Deer is not the only way to get there, there is Uber, Taxi, Greyhound, Red Arrow, phone a friend, etc...
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I'm in the same boat.

You got a ticket for not having your license. Did you have your license? No. Boom. Case closed.

Suck it up and pay. You lost your shit. It sucks. At least he didn't give you the tint ticket on top of it.

I got pulled over recently... Driving with an expired license. Fucking sucks. $233 ticket. Probably the same one you got.

How often do people look at their own fucking drivers license? Never. That's how often.

On top of that, I had to hand over my license to be photocopied by a dealership recently, to take a test drive in a new truck. They didn't notice.

I also had to renew my registration recently, this was like, just a few weeks before my license expired, apparently. And the person at the registry didn't notice either, or recommend I update it.

So, yeah, life sucks. Pay up.
    #HateCrime
    #WorseThanHitler

Bro, how dare you suggest that there's even an argument for self entitlement, here! Cops are here to dole out cake, let them eat it and then pat them on the head and tell them they're special. Millennials need to have their needs (which are extraordinarily special & unique, btw), nurtured and coddled.
    Just yesterday, a prestigious Millennial was pointing out to me how "egregious it was that The Cops CHOOSE to enforce HOV lane violations during rush hour around Vancouver" because that clogs traffic really badly... It's such a skewed "everyone is against me" approach to life. How about the thousands of other people that are respecting the HOV rules and find it infuriating that so many people break the rules during rush hour?
    No. Doesn't matter. All human life that matters is behind my windshield.

I'm this case, getting half a break is like getting half a hand job.

Go to court with zero argument and get it reduced, anyway. Then take some selfies and put it on all social media sites.

I'd say y'all are cunts.

New scenario, he worked out in banff and someone broke into his locker and stole his license. I had this happen to me, had to drive without a license for like 4 months because of it. If it was stolen would that change the situation in your mind? What if the kayaking place lost his license and not him and he was in this scenario through no fault of his own, would that change things?

According to you guys it is unreasonable and wrong to drive back from banff to red deer, due to the fact that his license was stolen.
    And the proper solution is to find a place to park his car for a week without issue, tow it to that location since he can't drive. Greyhound or Uber from banff to red deer. Uber to work for a week. Greyhound or Uber back to banff next weekend to pick up his car. Please tell me you guys are fucking joking.

OP made the only reasonable decision he could have made given the circumstances. And there was nothing he could have done to replace the license until Tuesday.
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by befarrer View Post
    Using the excuse of needing to be in Red Deer for work is invalid too. Driving yourself to Red Deer is not the only way to get there, there is Uber, Taxi, Greyhound, Red Arrow, phone a friend, etc...
    All of your solutions involve having to leave his car in banff in the last place it was parked where it could potentially get towed or to have two friends drive 8 hours on a long weekend to pick up op and his car. These are both completely unreasonable solutions.
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    A small slice of advice, I would really drop that argument as it's coming across really whiny.

I'm all for "giving it to the man and fighting a ticket" regardless if you're actually responsible or not, but the reality is that tickets aren't supposed to dole out learning lessons. They're fines for infractions which I'm sure you're aware of.

Bottom line is that you knew you lost your license, you as a responsible adult know you can't drive without a license, and you knowingly took the risk to drive without your license. What do you do? Either take the risk or not -you drive to work or you stay at home. You took the risk and are complaining that you got caught because you couldn't keep track of your belongings and are playing it off as "unavoidable".
    He didn't take a risk and drive to work from home, he was essentially stranded on vacation.

If you're in Mexico on vacation and you lost your passport would you just say "fuck it I guess I'm a Mexican now, there is obviously no going back"
    #RAM

Question... if one took a picture of their license and kept it on the cloud, would that maybe avoid the problem if you got a non-angry cop? "...my wallet was just stolen, but I keep digital copies of everything so you can see that I have one, it's active, it's valid, etc if you look it up, and I will go to the registries first thing."

Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    Question... if one took a picture of their license and kept it on the cloud, would that maybe avoid the problem if you got a non-angry cop? "...my wallet was just stolen, but I keep digital copies of everything so you can see that I have one, it's active, it's valid, etc if you look it up, and I will go to the registries first thing."
    I keep a picture of my ID on my phone for this reason. May not help but it can't hurt. More likely to be helpful if you don't have your ID at a restaraunt for beer or something
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    #HateCrime
    #WorseThanHitler

Bro, how dare you suggest that there's even an argument for self entitlement, here! Cops are here to dole out cake, let them eat it and then pat them on the head and tell them they're special. Millennials need to have their needs (which are extraordinarily special & unique, btw), nurtured and coddled.
    Just yesterday, a prestigious Millennial was pointing out to me how "egregious it was that The Cops CHOOSE to enforce HOV lane violations during rush hour around Vancouver" because that clogs traffic really badly... It's such a skewed "everyone is against me" approach to life. How about the thousands of other people that are respecting the HOV rules and find it infuriating that so many people break the rules during rush hour?
    No. Doesn't matter. All human life that matters is behind my windshield.

I'm this case, getting half a break is like getting half a hand job.

Go to court with zero argument and get it reduced, anyway. Then take some selfies and put it on all social media sites.
    Are you legally fucking retarded?
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize