Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Investing in crypto currencies

Thanks

So did you buy some haha? Not a bad run recently

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    So did you buy some haha? Not a bad run recently
    I bought in on eth, wish I had been in on bitcoin though. I'd be up around 300-400% right now, instead I'm only up about 40%.
    Hindsight is always 20-20
    #RAM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    I bought in on eth, wish I had been in on bitcoin though. I'd be up around 300-400% right now, instead I'm only up about 40%.
    Hindsight is always 20-20
    But you're in low enough on eth now. As bitcoin becomes too expensive, people will switch to eth which will drive the price of that up. Any pros on the subject seem to say it's a better technology anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 800 Posts

I have 0.12 of a bitcoin sitting in an online wallet from a transaction I did for a client 2 years ago... When I bought it, it was worth like... $50

Apparently it's worth $1500 now. I'm going to try cashing it in. But it seems quite difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Investing in that would give me fucking ulcers. It dropped $1500 yesterday from $10,500 to $9,000 just because a lot of people sold. Imagine buying $100K worth (lulz so like 9 bitcoins) and then having it drop $15,000 on a whim?

Gotta have a lot of expendable money to play that game. I'd be playing with retirement so no thank you.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Yeah. I think if you want to get in on it now... You'd have to start mining. And that's an awfully slow process. I almost wish I had paid more attention years ago when this shit first started. But really, I'm still not sure it's worth it.

I'm having trouble cashing in 1/10th of a coin. Can you imagine if I had thousands of coins.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Yeah. I think if you want to get in on it now... You'd have to start mining. And that's an awfully slow process. I almost wish I had paid more attention years ago when this shit first started. But really, I'm still not sure it's worth it.

I'm having trouble cashing in 1/10th of a coin. Can you imagine if I had thousands of coins.
    They're making it so you can bet futures on bitcoin now. Also you can buy shares in companies that do the mining. Which is way easier and probably more lucrative. You have to do hardware upgrades so often that it kills a lot of profit to do it yourself.

I am seriously questioning if I should put 100k on eth now. If that thing hit 10,000$ in the next few years I'd have 2 million dollars.

Thanks

Even then, I don't think mining is nearly (not even a fraction) as lucrative as it once was. You can but it will be pennies -you'd be computing and competing against organizations/corporations and countries that have dedicated super computers in dedicated server rooms to this stuff.

The time to break one algorithm on a personal computer will take months upon months, IMO.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Even then, I don't think mining is nearly (not even a fraction) as lucrative as it once was. You can but it will be pennies -you'd be computing and competing against organizations/corporations and countries that have dedicated super computers in dedicated server rooms to this stuff.

The time to break one algorithm on a personal computer will take months upon months, IMO.

You forget I work in IT... I have 100 companies with multiple servers at each location (that's at bare minimum hundreds of servers, with dual CPU's and dozens of cores) that I could install a miner on, set it run after-hours when nobody is in the office so it doesn't impact their day-to-day business when their CPU's get pegged to 100%... I'll be rich in no time! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Except, seriously, I have more integrity than that.