Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 97

Thread: Investing in crypto currencies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Sask/Texas/?
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 130 Times in 98 Posts

    Default Investing in crypto currencies

    A friend brought this up recently. I've just started researching it so I'm not very knowledgeable. The ideal time to invest would have obviously been earlier but some of them, ETH, seem to be trending up. Thoughts oninvesting, smart or bad idea? Any of you guys doing it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,814
    Thanks
    4,474
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

    Default

    Way too late to get into the game now, imo.

    And what happens when the government makes cryptocurrency illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,749
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 128 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    Even with our low electricity rates to do the mining yourself, you will probably spend more on your power bill to do the mining for the currency than you will get from the currency itself.
    Model View Caffeine

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,953
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 219 Times in 106 Posts

    Default

    Too risky, I'll continue to invest in sneakers.
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

    2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

    1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,022
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 148 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrenan View Post
    Too risky, I'll continue to invest in sneakers.
    ...and old porsches/e30 M3's

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW edmonton
    Posts
    6,751
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    ...and old porsches/e30 M3's
    Now you're talking. Personally I'd invest in C4 vettes, because they are the best sports car of the 80s.




    ...Personally I have 4, and when you combine their hp that's like 800hp, which is exactly like a Lamborghini Centenario

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,072
    Thanks
    400
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    Even with our low electricity rates to do the mining yourself, you will probably spend more on your power bill to do the mining for the currency than you will get from the currency itself.
    The power is nothing compared to the equipment upgrades you'll continuously have to do as the coins get harder and harder to mine. You're better off just buying into a stock type ETF that follows the currency. In which case you might as well just use ETF's to invest in real commodities like gold and oil. ETF's are great since you can own both long and short. It's like being able to bet red and black at the same time in roulette, but you're losing bet doesn't get swept off the table. You just wait for a win and then sweep your profits.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,814
    Thanks
    4,474
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    The power is nothing compared to the equipment upgrades you'll continuously have to do as the coins get harder and harder to mine. You're better off just buying into a stock type ETF that follows the currency. In which case you might as well just use ETF's to invest in real commodities like gold and oil. ETF's are great since you can own both long and short. It's like being able to bet red and black at the same time in roulette, but you're losing bet doesn't get swept off the table. You just wait for a win and then sweep your profits.
    You are having a hard time today!

    you are losing bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,072
    Thanks
    400
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    You are having a hard time today!

    you are losing bet.

    Hooray iPhone! I never had these issues when typing from a computer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •