First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 15

Thread: LOGAN (spoilers? maybe?)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,614

    Default LOGAN (spoilers? maybe?)

    Nobody reads this shit anymore... But I figured I could come complain some more.

    Logan finally came out on Blu-Ray and I had been highly anticipating it. What a let-down. Pretty much the worst Marvel movie, and worst Wolverine movie, ever. (I'd even go so far as to say that it's worse than Deadpool)


    -No storyline
    -Bad guys weren't scary (oh no, not a scientist, a dude with a metal hand, and a bunch of faceless goons)
    -Way too many F-bombs (every second word out of logan's mouth, also just about every second word out of professor x's mouth - which was super lame, and i'm pretty sure the kid swore too?)
    -Way too much gore... sorry if that makes me sound like a pussy, because I enjoy gore in movies, but every single scene was claws going into somebody's skull... just wayyyyyyyyyyy overdone.
    -All the kids sucked
    -Logan being sick the whole movie, fine, whatever... but seeing Professor X like that was brutal and hard to watch
    -Caliban was gross and useless, he could have been omitted completely and it wouldn't have changed a thing
    -The movie was unbelievably predictable "don't take all of the super secret soldier drug at once!" He's going to take all of the super secret soldier drug at once, isn't it? *logan injects all the super secret soldier drug at once* mmmhmmm.
    -Slow pace was painful

    I don't know how the fuck this movie got an 8.5/10 rating... I give it a 4/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Wait... Movie about comic book hero ends up being gayer than paying to watch two guys blow each other?!!??

    That's simply impossible!! Just because 95% of comic book movies are the worst things ever to happen to film shouldn't mean this one sucks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    I just went back and re-read my comments about Deadpool... almost exactly the same problems with both movies. lol.


    And sorry Jugz, most comic book hero movies have been awesome. The original X-MEN movies were great. The new X-MEN movies are pretty good. IRON MAN movies were good. THOR movies were awesome. Captain America movies were good. AVENGERS movies were amazing. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I just went back and re-read my comments about Deadpool... almost exactly the same problems with both movies. lol.


    And sorry Jugz, most comic book hero movies have been awesome. The original X-MEN movies were great. The new X-MEN movies are pretty good. IRON MAN movies were good. THOR movies were awesome. Captain America movies were good. AVENGERS movies were amazing. Etc.
    Doesn't like only cool comic book movie ever.

    /Credibility

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Deadmonton
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Here's a review recently that talks about why it is what it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT75YHqlD9k

    (this guy has some cool videos about stuff like Arrival, How louis CK tells a joke, etc)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Doesn't like only cool comic book movie ever.

    /Credibility
    What's the only cool comic book movie ever? And if you say Watchmen, I'm going to hit you. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    Here's a review recently that talks about why it is what it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT75YHqlD9k

    (this guy has some cool videos about stuff like Arrival, How louis CK tells a joke, etc)

    Thanks for posting. I watched it. Still didn't SUPER clear anything up. I understand the general "darkness" behind the movie. It just, wasn't very good. It was 2+ hours of Logan saying "fuck" and then coughing and falling over repeatedly.


    I can at least make an argument for Deadpool because it was funny.


    I guess they got one thing right... All the cars and trucks in the movie were (dodge) #RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  8. #8
    Cyanide Ride's Avatar
    Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    12,523

    Default

    Rob only likes feel good movies with eye candy, lots of effects, and a clean ending. But that's ok.

    I liked Logan, loved the fact it didn't follow the typical Marvel machine of spewing out one dimensional shit plots dressed with pretty CGI, people yelling for no reason in combat, and a nice tidy ending that sums everything up.

    Logan was pretty interesting since it put answers to alot of questions noone thought about, but I would only watch it maybe one more time... It 10 years because it was depressing as fuck.

    Again, great film, not the typical Marvel formula and it certainly is not happy go lucky either. Be prepared.

    You want to talk about a shit movie, fucking that bitch Scarlett ruined Ghost in the Shell.
    Last edited by Cyanide Ride; May 26th, 2017 at 09:20 PM.

    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    What's the only cool comic book movie ever? And if you say Watchmen, I'm going to hit you. lol.
    Deadpool...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •