Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Metal Roofing installers

Thanks

Default Metal Roofing installers

So bought a new place had A Clark Roofing do a drive by estimate (since the property wasn't mine yet) for a standing seam metal roof and used that number for our mortgage approval which was supposed to be on the high side.

Got possession and called them back to do a final quote so I could get the ball rolling and their quote came in ~ 25% higher than their base estimate I used for the approval. Looking for other companies in Edmonton that work with metal, most seem to avoid it and work with asphalt only.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 792 Posts

Maybe slightly off topic, but are you certain you want a metal roof? They last 1,000 years on a house that lasts 100 years and they're priced accordingly, aren't they?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Maybe slightly off topic, but are you certain you want a metal roof? They last 1,000 years on a house that lasts 100 years and they're priced accordingly, aren't they?
    It is a preference, figured between the size of the house and the low pitch it would make a few things easier. Long term plan was also to potentially mount solar panels, and it is preferable for maintenance reasons on a metal roof since the panels can outlast a typical roof.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 815 Posts

We installed a metal roof on our barn and hay shelter to match our house and our garage/shop. It's really, really easy.

Buy the materials and do it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

We've been told by our neighbours that the Hutterites do excellent work for reasonable cost. When it's time to do the barn we'll get a quote and decide on paying vs. DIY.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar