First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: yet another u-turn question

Thanks

Default yet another u-turn question

So I'm trying to teach the kids not to be [poor drivers] and improper u-turns are very common around here.

I tell them that they can't pull one at an intersection controlled by traffic lights, but then the brain starts whirring. . . .what about at those intersections where one direction is controlled by lights but the other direction only has stop signs, and you arrive at the stop sign?

eem

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eem View Post
    So I'm trying to teach the kids not to be [poor drivers] and improper u-turns are very common around here.

I tell them that they can't pull one at an intersection controlled by traffic lights, but then the brain starts whirring. . . .what about at those intersections where one direction is controlled by lights but the other direction only has stop signs, and you arrive at the stop sign?

eem
    I believe it's forbidden at any/all intersections. Also forbidden in areas with poor traffic visibility and, obviously, areas with a sign saying DON'T.

Thanks

Thanks

Wow @ that list of places you CANT do it Urban... Weird, I've always pulled sorta into a lane/alley or something to get a bit of extra turning radius while trying to do a Uturn not at an intersection, but down the street...

Thanks

In urban areas U-turns are not permitted:
    • on a roadway between intersections
    That pretty much means on no city road can you ever do a uturn. I did not know that.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)