Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Soil, Sod and Fencing, How much?

Thanks

Default Top Soil, Sod and Fencing, How much?

I'm in the process of purchasing a home and trying to get a rough idea of what the following would cost:

Top Soil?
    Sod?
    Fence?

#13 is the lot it would be for.

Last edited by krmitlovesbacon; July 9th, 2017 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    I'm in the process of purchasing a home and trying to get a rough idea of what the following would cost:

Top Soil?
    Sod
    Just did topsoil this weekend, 220 per tandem so 12 yards and our lot which i would say is medium sized took 3 loads. Went through park topsoil and they were great to work with and the best price we were able to find

Sod should be in the neighborhood of 30-35 cents a square foot so obviously youd need the sq footage to get a good estimate

Fences are expensive though. What we are going to do is have someone come in and sink the posts then ill put the panels up myself.

We also rented a skid steer from home depot for the topsoil which was a life saver. 350 bucks and worth every penny
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Our first place, we built our own fence and deck out of quality lumber.

Our second place we scraped and scrounged every penny and bought vinyl fence and decking. Totally maintenance free.

If you're on the fence about wood or vinyl, save up your cash and go plastic. Your extra time saved will thank you in the future.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    Fences are expensive though. What we are going to do is have someone come in and sink the posts then ill put the panels up myself.

We also rented a skid steer from home depot for the topsoil which was a life saver. 350 bucks and worth every penny
    Why not use the skid steer to drive in the fence posts? Or would it cost less to have someone do just that and leave?
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pry4sno View Post
    Why not use the skid steer to drive in the fence posts? Or would it cost less to have someone do just that and leave?
    Its marginally more expensive to have someone just do it but then youre not dicking around all day getting everything aligned and plumb
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks

A good fence will run you $35-45 per linear foot. Your plot plan drawing looks like its from Pals Geomatics... they surveyed my neighbourhood in St Albert. Building with Parkwood?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QPDO View Post
    A good fence will run you $35-45 per linear foot. Your plot plan drawing looks like its from Pals Geomatics... they surveyed my neighbourhood in St Albert. Building with Parkwood?
    Pacesetter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride View Post
    Our first place, we built our own fence and deck out of quality lumber.

Our second place we scraped and scrounged every penny and bought vinyl fence and decking. Totally maintenance free.

If you're on the fence about wood or vinyl, save up your cash and go plastic. Your extra time saved will thank you in the future.
    I'll respectfully disagree just to be a PitA...
    Maintenance intervals on a fence are, like 10 years with a lifespan of 25 years.
    Decks? Burn one weekend out of 156 painting/staining and you're looking at a 30 year life.
    Or, go plastic for 2x, 4x, 7x, 17x the cost and the deck and fence will last 10x longer than the house will...
    Oh, and you'll only do it ONCE, but you'll get that story to tell for the rest of your life about the Deep Second Degree Burns you got on the bottom of your feet that one time you strolled out onto your deck in bare feet when it was 31°C outside. That's a life changing event.

Seriously though... they're great. I just wish they made an affordable one that only lasted 15,000 years instead of the 4.2 Billion year models. I don't require that.
    $0.02

Thanks

How would a plastic fence hold up to a hockey puck? How slippery would a plastic deck be in the winter(I BBQ year round)?