Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Soil, Sod and Fencing, How much?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    My dad put a backyard rick in a few times for us as kids and although we tried our best to keep the puck on net, nobody is perfect. We had a wood fence that took a few clappers but held up just fine.

Now that i think about it - that backyard rink was sick.
    Exactly, I grew up playing hockey whenever and wherever I could. If my child does the same I'd rather not have to replace expensive panels every winter.

I could even see a baseball going through the vinyl panels if someone missed the ball etc.

I'd love to get vinyl pending it's actually durable and sturdy etc.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    How would a plastic fence hold up to a hockey puck? How slippery would a plastic deck be in the winter(I BBQ year round)?
    They're quite flexible and takes alot to break it (atleast a GOOD quality one), but I would be the puck would mar the surface easily.

Plastic decking is fine if you pick the textured ones. you can shovel, kick, hit and it's fine, still looks as good as it did when I installed it. That said, snow and/or ice builds up on it, it's just as slippery as anything else icy or snow covered.

I moved away from composite because certain companies cheaped out on the wood component and that will still rot. Got tired of tracking who did what and went right to the vinyl fence and deck.

Now, I should mention that I stained my deck back in the day. I wanted grey or silver for the fence and deck. Well that was the first fucking mistake. Once you stain, you have to do it every few years to maintain it.

Now, it looks good all the time, I like it, but that's just me
    Last edited by Cyanide Ride; July 12th, 2017 at 11:19 AM.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    Exactly, I grew up playing hockey whenever and wherever I could. If my child does the same I'd rather not have to replace expensive panels every winter.

I could even see a baseball going through the vinyl panels if someone missed the ball etc.

I'd love to get vinyl pending it's actually durable and sturdy etc.
    Go visit some fence builders or material and see for yourself.

Not everyone builds it the same or uses the same components. This is what you need to be aware of first and foremost if you decide to go this way.

If you get someone to build your fence, it can shockingly go up fast. One morning and they're done. The gate needs to be built separately.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

It's so hard to justify buying a vinyl deck, they're way more expensive and like others have mentioned, a wood deck is going to last 10+ years already. I wouldn't even consider a vinyl fence because of the cost and you'd have to ask your neighbors too. Stick with wood and use a quality stain and you'll have lots of life out of both (coming from a paint Rep)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    Just did topsoil this weekend, 220 per tandem so 12 yards and our lot which i would say is medium sized took 3 loads. Went through park topsoil and they were great to work with and the best price we were able to find

Sod should be in the neighborhood of 30-35 cents a square foot so obviously youd need the sq footage to get a good estimate

Fences are expensive though. What we are going to do is have someone come in and sink the posts then ill put the panels up myself.

We also rented a skid steer from home depot for the topsoil which was a life saver. 350 bucks and worth every penny
    Dahm that's expensive, maybe I should start hauling black dirt again. It's only $7/yard to buy for most people, that's good money for trucking (I get it even cheaper). You can buy sod for 25 cents if you pick up at field, depending how much you buy usually around 33 cents delivered though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suladas View Post
    Dahm that's expensive, maybe I should start hauling black dirt again. It's only $7/yard to buy for most people, that's good money for trucking (I get it even cheaper). You can buy sod for 25 cents if you pick up at field, depending how much you buy usually around 33 cents delivered though.
    I think it's a bit more than 7/ yard. At least the places we were calling, and we called a lot. Mind you that is normal person price, not contractor price. Park topsoil was the best price we found for delivery to fort sask and their website says their topsoil is 9.50/yrd. If a load delivered is 220, that makes trucking about 100 per load.
    Maybe it's expensive but I wouldn't know. Never done it before and just shopped around for the best price. Park topsoil was also great to work with and i don't mind paying a bit more for good service too.

Sod we are getting for 30 cents delivered. I guess the gf knows the family who owns the farm. Hopefully it's good sod
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks

We can bring 14 yard loads of screened soil for $220/load delivered, enough to cover 1000ft2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
    We can bring 14 yard loads of screened soil for $220/load delivered, enough to cover 1000ft2.
    Lot #13 is what I'd need soil and sod for. How much for that? And do you spread it as well.

Thanks

Email a full pic of that document and what you need quotes to troy@apslandscaping.ca