Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Soil, Sod and Fencing, How much?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    How would a plastic fence hold up to a hockey puck? How slippery would a plastic deck be in the winter(I BBQ year round)?
    The place i rent in red deer has a vinyl fence and no way it would hold up to a hockey puck from any peewee age or above kid. I presume a plastic deck would be really slippery but don't they all have some kind of lining material thing that goes overtop? That part isn't slippery.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    The place i rent in red deer has a vinyl fence and no way it would hold up to a hockey puck from any peewee age or above kid. I presume a plastic deck would be really slippery but don't they all have some kind of lining material thing that goes overtop? That part isn't slippery.
    Yeah, I have no idea. Just seems easier to replace an individual board if one came off the fence versus replacing the whole plastic panel. Same with the vinyl decking, can you shovel snow off of it or will it damage it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea. Just seems easier to replace an individual board if one came off the fence versus replacing the whole plastic panel. Same with the vinyl decking, can you shovel snow off of it or will it damage it?
    If it's the same stuff i'm thinking of then you can definitely shovel.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    If it's the same stuff i'm thinking of then you can definitely shovel.
    Yes. It's invincible.

The fence would not be panels, right? It's just plastic boards instead of wooden ones. It's not like they're 4x8 sheets of plastic hanging between two posts.
    *At least, not what I was picturing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Yes. It's invincible.

The fence would not be panels, right? It's just plastic boards instead of wooden ones. It's not like they're 4x8 sheets of plastic hanging between two posts.
    The ones I seen were either 4' or 6' panels by however tall a fence normally is. I seen one piece (board) was broken so they had to replace the whole sheet.

Is there another kind that is just individual boards with precut holes to bolt it together?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Yes. It's invincible.

yeah i thought it was panels also. space your posts and slid the whole panel on. needs to be repleaced as a panel. and a puck would destroy a vinyl fence in the winter with every shot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    yeah i thought it was panels also. space your posts and slid the whole panel on. needs to be repleaced as a panel. and a puck would destroy a vinyl fence in the winter with every shot.
    DaFuq?!??
    I'm picturing a "panel" in that it's a bunch of boards mounted between posts, but I figured a broken board within that panel could "easily" be swapped out if broken.
    Either way... It ain't holding up to pucks in winter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Why would you be firing pucks at frozen plastic fence boards in the winter in the first place?

Isn't that what garage or basement walls are for?

Or... heaven forbid... Going to an actual ice rink?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Why would you be firing pucks at frozen plastic fence boards in the winter in the first place?

Isn't that what garage or basement walls are for?

Or... heaven forbid... Going to an actual ice rink?
    My dad put a backyard rick in a few times for us as kids and although we tried our best to keep the puck on net, nobody is perfect. We had a wood fence that took a few clappers but held up just fine.

Now that i think about it - that backyard rink was sick.
    -Viktimize