Raczer

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New generic what car should my gf buy thread.

Thanks

Default New generic what car should my gf buy thread.

I'm trying to help her out but I haven't done any reasearch into your generic daily driver cars.

She is coming from an early 2000's civic that she has had forever.
    She is interested in a new car.
    So far she has just started researching. She said she was interested in civics, jettas, golf, focus, fiesta, etc. so just your generic daily driver style cars. She has expressed some interest in some of the sportier options, st for focus and fiesta and FYI for Jetta, etc.

Any cars she should or shouldn't consider? Any general advice?
    Last edited by Dieseldakota; July 12th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks

What does she value or want? Does she want a hatchback or sedan?

Pretty tough to beat the Civic hatchback (1.5 turbo) or the mazda3 hatch (especially the GT model). These cars are both sporty enough but not quite hot hatches like the FiST or FoST.

You will have to narrow down a budget or list of wants or needs.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

The price of the Mazda 3 Hatch is pretty hard to beat, considering it's pretty nice for what you pay for.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

civic, maz3, focus, corolla, obviously she doesn't care too much or she would already have a preference. I would find the cheapest one, drive it, see if it's okay, then go to the most expensive one, much difference? No? Go with cheapest one.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

No desire for a GT86 or Genesis coupe or anything like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Ford Focus or Hyundai Elantra

Thanks

Price range is up to 35,000 or so.
    We did some test driving today.
    The focus and fiesta seem like junk vs the civics to her and me.
    We also went to the Acura and looked at the ILX's which seem to be a nice step up from the civics. I think her favorite so far of what we've seen is the ILX
    #RAM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

For a basic car I would hands down be looking at either Civic or Mazda 3. They bumped up the power in the base Civic to the point it's actually liveable now. And the Mazda already had reasonable power. But they did finally release the new Civic SI. Definitely worth a look.

Of course an Acura would be a nice step up. However a base model ILX(only Acura you're getting for your price range) isn't worth the extra cash over a Loaded Civic SI if you ask me.

The Ford options. Sure they look decent on paper when you see the specs. Then you get in it and drive the thing, and you're like, Wow! what a piece of fucking garbage. Sounds like you've already figured that one out for yourself. I'd buy a Chevy Cruze before either of the Fords.

Golf GTI. Nice looking car. Pretty good all around. But personally I just feel it's too expensive for what you get. Value wise it is just so damn hard to beat the Mazda and Honda. Plus the reliability of the Honda can't be ignored, especially if she is the type to drive a car for 15 years like her last one.

Thanks

$35K? Used Golf R.
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608