Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New generic what car should my gf buy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    She wants some quality and refinement over what she used to have so this might not be the best strategy
    Which Civic did she drive? The Civic Hatch Sport Touring is a very nice car. I would also argue that it has a more usable powerband (low end tq). I would drive them back to back.

Can't really go wrong with the ILX or Civic though. I also see that the ILX has a 2500$ rebate right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    Which Civic did she drive? The Civic Hatch Sport Touring is a very nice car. I would also argue that it has a more usable powerband (low end tq). I would drive them back to back.

Can't really go wrong with the ILX or Civic though. I also see that the ILX has a 2500$ rebate right now.
    The civic ex sedan. So th NA 2.0L
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    Does it have to be a brand new car or are used options okay?

I know personally, with my current financial situation, I would rather buy a more upscale car that is used than a brand new sort of upgraded but still on the economy side of things car.

Something like this:
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/e...ationFlag=true

or this:

or this:

or this:

But of course some people value buying a vehicle brand new. For me though, i would take any one of those over even the ILX premium
    I feel like Lexus, BMW etc would all be far more expensive to maintain and keep on the road than a Honda/Acura product no?
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    I feel like Lexus, BMW etc would all be far more expensive to maintain and keep on the road than a Honda/Acura product no?
    Lexus: no.
    BMW: yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Lexus: no.
    BMW: yes.
    Werd. My Lexus from south pointe came with oil changes included. All I have to do is bring it in every 16000km for the service which I pay about 85$ for whatever they do above and beyond the oil change. Civic required a maintenance every 8500km which was like 60$ iirc for dealer oil change. And they recommended every second service to do a brake inspection and lubrication that they wanted to charge 250$ for. So if you break it down to an average cost per service, it's actually 100$ more expensive for each service on my Civic than it is for my Lexus.

Now if you're buying used that's a different story since oil changes will have to be paid on Lexus. But I imagine the cost is virtually identical when following manufacture recommendations at the dealer. And the Lexus is just as reliable.

If it wasn't for the shitty cup holders I'd have zero regrets about my Lexus. But those alone make me wish I got the TLX.
    Last edited by Viktimize; July 13th, 2017 at 05:31 PM.

How shitty can those cup holders be, that makes you wish you had bought a different car? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

I don't remember what it is that my co-worker drives think it was a Tucson? It has horrible cup holders in the doors, instead of being strait up and down they are at an angle. And they knew this was such a bad design they had to purposely implant a "don't put cups only bottles" type of dummy image near them.
    Model View Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    How shitty can those cup holders be, that makes you wish you had bought a different car? LOL
    Look at an interior pic of the IS sometime. Instead of an armrest wide enough for driver and passenger to use. It is a half arm rest for the driver, and then cup holders where the passenger arm rest goes. I've rode as a passenger in the woman's IS and it is a royal fucking in the ass. And they sit far enough back to be an annoyance for the driver to contort and grab a bottle or coffee out of them.

The TLX has the cup holders in front of the raised arm rest exactly like they should be. Lexus should've done something like the BMW 3 series where the cup holders pop of the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post

If it wasn't for the shitty cup holders I'd have zero regrets about my Lexus. But those alone make me wish I got the TLX.
    Haha such a bad design eh.. The turn signals are kind of funky too without feedback. Such minor details turn into major annoyances lol