Raczer

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simracing (Impulse/Other?) / Karting (Fasttrack/Speeders) - Post/meet/schedule here?

Thanks

Default Simracing (Impulse/Other?) / Karting (Fasttrack/Speeders) - Post/meet/schedule here?

Wanted to make a thread for anybody maybe wanting to meet and up to go to Impulse Simracing or Speeders/FastTrack whenever, just post and see who wants to go?

For me, I'm currently intermediate class on the monthly challenges at impulse, but cool to go with any level. I only just found out about this new place fast track karting edmonton (speeders competitor) supposedly pretty decent karts/speed, opened up in last fall. Anyway, for karting I only just recently hit the pro speed (10 races) at speeders, but not amazing at karts.
    Last edited by bung; August 8th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks

Decided to bump this thread while buzzed... I want to see Audi vs chrisf vs HiTemp vs zhao...

People seem to be posting about dead groups and dead forums, why don't we meet up at Impulse this winter?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

I have zero racing experience... And I'm so tall I barely fit in the Karts. Plus, I weigh 3x as much as the little guys like Chris and Zhao. I'd have literally no chance.

I went once, for a bachelor party, it wasn't fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

I'd be down for some racing at Speeders or FastTrack

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

i'm 6 3, 215 pounds lol. Yes rob, i'm little compared to u but ur Gigantor lol.

And yes, weight plays a huge factor ..... but i've been to fast tracks only a few times, and i still placed 9th overall on their leader board .

I hate speeders cash grab mentality, but i'd be down for fast tracks since you dont need a membership there and tehy start you instantly on the fastest mode for their karts. A bunch of us have already been going as a group and tried doing in the middle of the week cuz its cheap, and we also tried the sunday large track. I think we prefer the large track from 6pm-close on sundays because its far more technical = big guys have chance.

what is impulse sim racing like? I've never been.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zhao For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (January 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I have zero racing experience... And I'm so tall I barely fit in the Karts. Plus, I weigh 3x as much as the little guys like Chris and Zhao. I'd have literally no chance.

I went once, for a bachelor party, it wasn't fun.
    I am both tall and fat. We should start a league. You're only tall/gigantor but I'd give you a run for your money. lol
    www.nascc.ab.ca - Northern Alberta Sports Car Club - wanna go racing? Come to a club meeting!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mattEG For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (January 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    i'm 6 3, 215 pounds lol. Yes rob, i'm little compared to u but ur Gigantor lol.

And yes, weight plays a huge factor ..... but i've been to fast tracks only a few times, and i still placed 9th overall on their leader board .

I hate speeders cash grab mentality, but i'd be down for fast tracks since you dont need a membership there and tehy start you instantly on the fastest mode for their karts. A bunch of us have already been going as a group and tried doing in the middle of the week cuz its cheap, and we also tried the sunday large track. I think we prefer the large track from 6pm-close on sundays because its far more technical = big guys have chance.

what is impulse sim racing like? I've never been.
    Impulse is a computer sim racer. They're set up pretty decent and I'm pretty sure they run RFactor 2 for software. It's fun to go kill an hour or so and play around, and its fairly inexpensive. I want to say like $15/hr. or something in that range. They use modified logitech wheels and i think fanatec petals which work pretty good too.

Thanks

Yea its 20$/hr and the seats move so it should support tall guys I think.

They also run a monthly challenge where you can win a free hour just by trying (even 15min), or if you win your class you get 2 hours. http://impulsesimracing.ca/#/MonthlyChallenge

Thanks

Fasttrack and impulse are fun. Speeders can eat a dick

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Refresh For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (January 18th, 2018), zhao (January 22nd, 2018)