Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F@#$ OFF ORANGE - Reno Thread

Thanks

Can do. How long did it take you to do your cabinets? Just trying to gauge the amount of time required for a job that size.

Did you do the inside of the cabinets as well?

p.s. if you do a lot of cooking, I'd get rid of that microwave/hood fan combo. Those things are the bane of my existence. It displaces like 15 cf of air per minute lol pretty sure I could do better with a mcdonald's straw..... not sure what that's a testament to, though lol
    Last edited by the_fornicator; August 21st, 2017 at 01:17 PM.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

22 hours of painting. And 10 hours of cleaning/prep. Definitely budget a bit more then That, I'm pretty quick with the brush. Lol.

I hate that thing! Came with the house, but wife doesn't want a microwave on the countertop. And yes 15cfm is being generous! Haha.

Thanks

If it helps, I replaced that hoodfan thing with a dedicated hood fan because I have a friend whose microwave/hoodfan combo started on fire all by itself -microwave wasn't on or anything. Luckily, they caught it before it got big. My microwave/hoodfan combo STARTED all by itself just as we were heading upstairs to bed. No buttons or anything worked so the only way to turn it off was to unplug it. We cook a lot and those things are impossible to clean properly and completely. So, please be aware those things can be death traps. Not sure if that thing would have started on fire while we were sleeping -would have sucked if it did because our bedroom is right above the kitchen.

I didn't want the microwave on the counter either so I bought one of these things from Ikea and stained it to match my hardwood:
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Crazy haven't heard about the fire thing before! I do know that it's not vented properly to the outside. The exterior vent is there, the builder or whoever just didn't plumb it out.

The worst part is, we bought a sick Panasonic microwave right before we moved and then sold it when we moved because this place had the combo. Lol.

Thanks

I'm also interested in how to prep and paint cabinets. Please share!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle Happy View Post
    I'm also interested in how to prep and paint cabinets. Please share!
    I'll try and jump on the computer later and type something up

Thanks

If that was indeed oak, my dad (who was a 40+ year journey man carpenter, and cabinet maker) would be spinning in his grave (Ok, his urn, but that's not how the cliché goes) :P Red Oak specifically was his favorite, when he did his kitchen the year before he died he custom made a black walnut counter top.

I too like wood grain, but it depends on the wood.
    Last edited by SilverNeonRacer; August 24th, 2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 782 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    If that was indeed oak, my dad (who was a 40+ year journey man carpenter, and cabinet maker) would be spinning in his gave (Ok, his urn, but that's not how the cliché goes) :P Red Oak specifically was his favorite, when he did his kitchen the year before he died he custom made a black walnut counter top.

I too like wood gain, but it depends on the wood.
    ^This (hence my comment at the beginning) LoL!
    Like I said, it looks good, I just think I would've tried to find a way to update/modernize the look while keeping the grain, but that's definitely not for everyone.
    And, the only person that matters is the HomoNer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 804 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    If that was indeed oak, my dad (who was a 40+ year journey man carpenter, and cabinet maker) would be spinning in his grave (Ok, his urn, but that's not how the cliché goes) :P Red Oak specifically was his favorite, when he did his kitchen the year before he died he custom made a black walnut counter top.

I too like wood gain, but it depends on the wood.
    You fixed the missing "r" in grave. But you didn't fix the missing "r" in wood grain.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.