Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV opinions/recommendations wanted

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    I would personally go for something like this over the MDX or GC.. Already has 2 sets of tires, roof rack, low k but it does take premium gas.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

I think the 3.7 V6 would be the best bet for a GC though, they are probably the most common if you need parts and easier to work on.

That looks pretty good!

Mom has an MDX and we really like it. But the RDX might be worth a look. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    That looks pretty good!

Mom has an MDX and we really like it. But the RDX might be worth a look. Thanks!
    That was my next suggestion if the MDX was too rich for your blood.

My first suggestion would be a Nissan Rogue, parents have an 08, and it's fantastic on winter, but since no Nissan, wife's rav4 is also great in winter. 4th gen 4runner great too

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Venza's are the most hideous vehicle I can think of, apart from an Aztec.
    You've never seen a Kia Soul or NIssan Cube?

There are a few 4 Runners out there in your price range, they last forever but might be out of your price range (and they're a little gutless)

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Ride View Post
    You've never seen a Kia Soul or NIssan Cube?

There are a few 4 Runners out there in your price range, they last forever but might be out of your price range (and they're a little gutless)
    Venza is way uglier... I actually kind of like the Nissan Cube.

Here's where I'm at... Went and looked at a couple Grand Cherokee's. For the most part, they're priced too high. Missed out on a great deal on a 5.7L GC. Pretty bummed about that. Decided to look at the Jeep Liberty's as recommended by someone else. They're okay. Don't mind the size, styling, features, etc. Problem is the anemic 3.7L mated to a 4-speed transmission. Talk about horrible. So Liberty is pretty much out. Went and looked at the Dodge Nitro. Which is basically the same thing. Really liked it, but only problem is... It's super hard to find an R/T with the 4.0L and 5-speed trans. Decided to look at the Ford Edge. Also liked the size, styling, features. The 3.5L V6 is 285HP which is way better than the 210HP 3.7L Jeep motor. Unfortunately the Edge I test drove was a pile of shit from the east cost. Rusted to all hell. Brakes shot. Shocks/struts shot. Power steering failing. Literally everything on it was broken. And it only had 120,000km! I know I'm an anti-ford guy... But I'm not totally ruling out the Edge. Chalk it up to an east coast vehicle and an owner that abused the shit out of it.

I was looking at JGC but saw a Compass. Not sure if those are shitty or not: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I was looking at JGC but saw a Compass. Not sure if those are shitty or not: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
    Compass and Patriot are steaming shit piles.

If you remove your 2010 requirement, the 4th gen 4runners with the v8 2UZ engines are fucking bullet-proof: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

200K kms and those engines regularly hit 300K kms sans problems. just do your oil changes and timing chain maintenance and you're gravy. Diffs/tcase are easy to change fluids on. Only "issue" is that the transmission fluid isn't a dump and fill -should bring it into the dealership if you want that changed. Have to remove the pan, there's a gasket, etc. PITA (for me, anyway).

Or bargain with this guy and use the link above to get him to 10K:
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

4Runners only came with the v8 for one generation (4th gen) from like 2003 to 2007. Hard to come by in low'ish mileage. Both above, IMO, appear to be well cared for. Plus, can't argue with a v8.

Edit: I have a v8 4th gen so if you want to test drive mine before you go see those guys, you got my number!
    Last edited by the_fornicator; September 22nd, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)