First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SUV opinions/recommendations wanted

I'm willing to go back as far as 2008. But that's the absolute oldest. Test driving a 2009 tonight.

And want to keep the mileage around 150-160K.

But seriously, keep the suggestions coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

That v8 4runner is made in 2009 as well. They arent cheap thoigh

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by seevik View Post
    That v8 4runner is made in 2009 as well. They arent cheap thoigh
    That's the thing that drove me mad when shopping for a 4Runner.

There is only a few thousand dollars that separates each model year.

Darn demand.

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Just go buy a Nissan. You’ll be happy you did.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

I'd personally look for a manual xterra or 4runner. I think the last gen of manual transmission 4Runners was the 3rd gen though. That far surpasses your age requirement.

What's super fun in the winter? A fucking manual 4x4. I know it's for the old lady though. They usually don't prefer... heh ... driving stick.

hey oh.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

My brother-in-law had a 2012 or so Xterra... that thing was rough.. it didn't look bad, but the ride was harsh, it was a bumpier ride than his '79 C30 1 ton dually when unloaded..

Mind you a lady I work with who is whiney as all hell has one.... but maybe she likes it rough...

You guys are hilarious.

Manual isn't completely out of the question, she drives a 6 speed now, and admittedly is a better driver than me.

That being said, I think if she's getting a somewhat larger (compared to her current vehicle) SUV, automatic is probably the way to go.

What is her main purpose of this vehicle.. If it is just driving around town then why buy a off road orientated suv like a 4runner or Xterra..

I still would stick with a something more livable like a GC. But I am sure that any awd suv (escape, rdx, crv, edge) would do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    What is her main purpose of this vehicle.. If it is just driving around town then why buy a off road orientated suv like a 4runner or Xterra..

I still would stick with a something more livable like a GC. But I am sure that any awd suv (escape, rdx, crv, edge) would do the job.
    Yeah, I doubt she'll do any off-roading. It's going to be a daily driver. I suppose the whole reason this change was proposed... Is because she needs to be hauling horse stuff around to the farms. Saddles, tack trunks, bags of feed, etc. There's no room for that in a Genesis. Also, it's not a very good winter vehicle.

I really want her to look at the Escape, but she refuses. I'd be happy for her to have a GC or Edge, but I still haven't found the right one.