Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Where to dispose of tractor tires and rims?

Thanks

Default Where to dispose of tractor tires and rims?

Weird question, right? Had a bunch of these left on my property, no idea how to get rid of them without seperating them. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Use a Skill Saw (in appropriate manner, not like "I can saw to potato") to cut the tires so they can be removed.
    Tires to tire shop*. Wheels to scrap.
    Profit?

Perhaps this is an "after hours" activity, but it's not like their bins have armed security guards. Plus, the recycling fee has already been paid on them, so eff off - these bins aren't just for new customers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Use a Skill Saw (in appropriate manner, not like "I can saw to potato") to cut the tires so they can be removed.
    Tires to tire shop*. Wheels to scrap.
    Profit?

Perhaps this is an "after hours" activity, but it's not like their bins have armed security guards. Plus, the recycling fee has already been paid on them, so eff off - these bins aren't just for new customers!
    Was reallllllly hoping to avoid cutting. Have you ever cut tractor tires? Imagine car tires, but a bajillion times worse

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Was reallllllly hoping to avoid cutting. Have you ever cut tractor tires? Imagine car tires, but a bajillion times worse
    Oh... I didn't think it would be much worse. I've only cut the sidewall of car tires and figured these would be bigger and squishier...
    Last edited by JugZ; September 28th, 2017 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Oh... I didn't think it would be much worse. I've only cut the sidewall of car tires and figured these would be bigger and squushier...
    Most car tires now use kevlar and nylon belts. Tractor and tractor trailer tires have wicked steel belts in them which will f*&k up many a cutting blade or disc.

Luckily, I found a solution!

http://www.aerpi.com/

These guys are in north Edmonton and take things like tractor tires, INCLUDING if they are mounted. My lucky f'ing day. Sounds like they basically take any tires/rims (presumably steel) as long as they aren't too massive (these are about 40-48 inch tractor tires).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

Stick them half out of the ground at a playground for the retro feels