Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado / Canyon any good?

Thanks

Sounds like you just need a better all around vehicle. Do you really want to be driving that pos for half the year? Your yearly running costs will be more than the truck is worth. A small sport sedan can pretty much do everything you need it to do. When I fold my rear seats down I can fit 2 sets of wheels or pretty much any boxed furniture. If it's something big like couches you can negotiate free shipping or half price shipping, usually $40-50. For those rare occasions its a helluvalot cheaper than the costs of insurance, maintenance, gas and depreciation on a truck. If someone must have something for hauling, a small trailer makes a lot more sense since its only approx $15/year to insure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    Sounds like you just need a better all around vehicle. Do you really want to be driving that pos for half the year? Your yearly running costs will be more than the truck is worth. A small sport sedan can pretty much do everything you need it to do. When I fold my rear seats down I can fit 2 sets of wheels or pretty much any boxed furniture. If it's something big like couches you can negotiate free shipping or half price shipping, usually $40-50. For those rare occasions its a helluvalot cheaper than the costs of insurance, maintenance, gas and depreciation on a truck. If someone must have something for hauling, a small trailer makes a lot more sense since its only approx $15/year to insure.
    Im actually pretty happy with my vehicle and i dont see the need to go out and spend 40k buying something that meets your standards.
    And like fuck a sedan can do everything i need it to. My girlfriend has a 4 runner that has far more room for hauling shit than any sports sedan does and the convenience of a truck with even a little box would be awesome. Probably 10 times in the last year where ive had to ask to borrow someones truck for something one of these could have easily hauled.

Being able to drive it in the winter and spare my car from some of the harsh conditions would just be a bonus.

Oh and adding a 3rd vehicle to a home and auto insurance policy is next to nothing

Thanks for your help though..
    Last edited by 780rx; October 6th, 2017 at 12:32 AM.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    Oh and adding a 3rd vehicle to a home and auto insurance policy is next to nothing
    4th????????
    #RAM

Thanks

Id try to find an older silverado 1500. Crew cab, 4x4 and they go for like 400,000 kms on the 5.3. My 08 is also surprisingly decent on fuel considering its got a 6 inch lift and big tires. + parts are STUPID cheap and everything crosses over from like a 10 year period.

Thanks

DCRyan is preaching, and I'm saying hallelujah. My 2005 Chevy 2500HD with the gas 6.0 has been SO much truck for SO little money. Edmonton is not great for most of my automotive interests, but when it comes to used trucks, my Gods you can get exactly what you want for pennies on the dollar, we're spoiled for choice here in terms of full size trucks.
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCRyan View Post
    Id try to find an older silverado 1500. Crew cab, 4x4 and they go for like 400,000 kms on the 5.3. My 08 is also surprisingly decent on fuel considering its got a 6 inch lift and big tires. + parts are STUPID cheap and everything crosses over from like a 10 year period.
    How is it on Oil though? My 08 used to burn about 1 qt every 1500k. The truck had 250k on it but it is very common to burn oil with that 5.3 with AFM. Great truck otherwise, my older brother is still driving it with over 300k.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Better drivetrain, more reliable, built on a chassis that hasn't changed much in 20+ years of sales. Much better parts support since so many sold. Overall its just a better mini-truck. That's not to say the GM ones are bad, but I'd get a ranger first IMO.

This.

I had a 98 Ranger for just shy of 2 winters. Got it for 700 bucks... 2wd, manual 5 spd, 2.3L 4cyl, came with winters and several sandbags.. lol. Awesome little truck. Hauled tires and other little things. Decent on gas too, power was ok. As you said, nice not to have to rely on others for hauling stuff.

Had zero issues with it, flushed all fluids when I bought it and was super reliable. Bought it at 301k, had about 313k when I sold it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeDragon
    Everyone loves Clem, if you don't then you support the terrorists ... and kicking puppies.

2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (DD)
    2003 Ford Focus ZX3 (Rally Fun Car)
    1998 GMC Sierra 4x4 (Workhorse)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    So i'm considering picking up a miled out chev Colorado or GMC canyon for dirt cheap just for a winter beater and also for the convenience of having a vehicle with a box (even if it's tiny) year round.

Just wondering your thoughts on those "trucks". Also, for my purposes of commuting, how essential is 4x4?
    Both are quite similar but if you want to go for a sporty type truck then choose Colorado.

Thanks

A 2wd Colorado would be great if just commuting in-town.