Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone blizzak tires 225/50/R16

Thanks

Does it matter what model really.. They are next to new winter tires..any real buyers out there..
    Last edited by 93redz; October 17th, 2017 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks

To some people, the model matters.

e.g.
    The Blizzak WS70 features a softer dual-compound tread with Bridgestone's NanoPro-Tech silica-enhanced Tube Multicell compound layered on top of a standard winter compound. The Tube Multicell compound features thousands of microscopic tubes and cells uniformly distributed throughout the compound (which makes the rubber look like Swiss cheese when examined through a microscope) that wick away the water that often forms between the tire's contact patch and the surface of icy and snow-packed roads. Pores and tubes are constantly exposed around the tread as the tire wears. This flexible rubber compound boosts the tire's grip in cold conditions while the bite particles attached to the tubes scratch at packed snow and icy surfaces for traction.

The Blizzak LM-60, being a high performance winter / snow tire, is offered in a higher speed rating (H/130 mph). Since the current Multicell tread compounds used on Blizzak WS70 tires are not designed to support H-speed ratings, the Blizzak LM-60 uses a high silica content winter tread compound molded into a directional tread design that features independent tread blocks with 3-D zigzag sipes to disperse water away from the tire's contact patch, further enhancing grip. This combination provides hydroplaning resistance, greater driving and braking force on snow-covered roads.

How do these differences affect a driver's experience in winter conditions? Simply put, the WS70 has better ice and snow traction, while the LM-60 has better responsiveness and handling on dry pavement.
    edit: those are obviously just two of the models among the plethora that has evolved since the Blizzaks came out. If these are the WS50, I think those have been discontinued. If someone doesn't want two mismatched pairs in the event of a flat, they might want to not purchase these and opt for a more recent/non-discontinued model.
    Last edited by the_fornicator; October 17th, 2017 at 01:47 PM.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 93redz View Post
    Does it matter what model really.. They are next to new winter tires..any real buyers out there..
    Yes it matters. I WAS a real buyer. But I don't screw around. The ad didn't communicate what you were selling and if it matched what I needed. No reply. So I moved on. I'm used to people listing ads and then not replying to them

Thanks

clearly says in my ad text me if you wanted a fast reply I don't have all day to sit on here with keyboard warriors..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 93redz View Post
    clearly says in my ad text me if you wanted a fast reply I don't have all day to sit on here with keyboard warriors..
    you obviously dont want to post the model number for a reason. could have been done in any of your last 4 posts instead of trying to ignore the question and hope someone buys them without knowing whats what. like vik said.

Thanks

I didn't post the model number cause I'm actually selling these for my grandma..wasnt going to post model number if I wasn't 100% sure..was only going by what she had told me and the three photos...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    To some people, the model matters.

e.g.

edit: those are obviously just two of the models among the plethora that has evolved since the Blizzaks came out. If these are the WS50, I think those have been discontinued. If someone doesn't want two mismatched pairs in the event of a flat, they might want to not purchase these and opt for a more recent/non-discontinued model.
    The WS-50's are worth their weight in gold. The finest Blizzak tire ever produced! Ice racers used to literally hoard these tires.
    I wish I had something that I could fit them on. There will never be another WS-50...

Thanks

So, someone buy these and sell them to the ice racers! lol
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Bump!!! Price drop 520$