1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floating/False Floor/Ceiling

Thanks

These are usually rated for 500+ pounds. Wouldn't these create the same stress? Or is it the fact that I want to be able to raise and lower it the issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    These are usually rated for 500+ pounds. Wouldn't these create the same stress? Or is it the fact that I want to be able to raise and lower it the issue?

Good point, but a classic mistake. What they're selling you IS rated for that; but, they didn't sell you the trusses that it's attached to and they take zero responsibility for that.

Thanks

I my professional opinion.... If you don't mind doing drywall again I would cut that whole square out, reinforce it with braces that you will hook into that are also attached to a brace that will spread the load out side ways across multiple trusses in the roof.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    A snoemobile shouldn't weigh much more than 500 pounds, with fluids still in it.

Once it was lifted up into position, I could have some sort of safety/support feature that would allow some of the weight to be transferred to the floor and/or walls etc.
    I demod an Arctic cat XF1100 turbo, it had a dry weight of 860lbs, plus fluids. Some can get heavy.

As for the original question. It's probably best to expose the roof trusses. Then maybe get an engineer in to inspect or design something to hold the weight. Or like others have said, attach to floor and Jack up.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

Thanks

I would definitely have something engineered if i was suspending that kind of weight.