Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 10

Thread: leaving tinted front windows open

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW side
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts

    Default leaving tinted front windows open

    i know the tinted window subject is long beaten up, my Toyota Crown has 4 window limo tint. illegal i know etc. one of the few times a year i drive it with the windows up for 10 minutes i got yanked over on the Whitemud today and a $160 tint ticket. if i work the courtdate im just going to suck it up and pay the fine but the tints staying because the cars literally never driven nevermind windows up

    -if i ever pass a checkstop or get stopped with my front windows down, can officers make me roll up my front windows? or is saying the windows dont go up and saying no a fine in itself?

    -windows up can my parked empty car get a tint ticket sitting empty in a parking lot like Walmart or WEM?

    -Alberta ticket fighters said a yellow ticket isnt worth fighting and to just pay it because fighting it costs more than the ticket itself obviously, only fight a pink ticket. is it like the old days when tint fines were $57 that its pay to play set fine every time or is the next time a pink ticket with a bigger fine for me?

    thanks for any info
    Last edited by maximaj30; October 26th, 2017 at 03:46 PM.
    1979 Toyota Supra
    1991 Subaru Sambar 4x4
    1997 Subaru Sambar 4x4
    1991 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon
    2000 Chev Silverado 2500 4x4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 165 Times in 129 Posts

    Default

    i have been hit with the "roll the windows up to see if tinted" got pulled over for no DRL. had windows down the whole time before i even came up on the cop. $144 ticket a few years ago. went to the JP. said i got the DRL fixed he thru that one out. and that i have tint but can it be reduced to the other tint ticket the officer could have wrote for $77. done. $200 saved.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,068
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 96 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    I imagine sitting in a parking lot could result in a ticket, since it is an equipment violation; and is on property that can be accessed by the public.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW side
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickXeo View Post
    I imagine sitting in a parking lot could result in a ticket, since it is an equipment violation; and is on property that can be accessed by the public.
    blah figured so

    Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    i have been hit with the "roll the windows up to see if tinted" got pulled over for no DRL. had windows down the whole time before i even came up on the cop. $144 ticket a few years ago. went to the JP. said i got the DRL fixed he thru that one out. and that i have tint but can it be reduced to the other tint ticket the officer could have wrote for $77. done. $200 saved.
    but can you get a ticket for refusing to roll up the windows for an officer at a checkstop etc if they dont see the vehicle with the windows up at all prior?
    1979 Toyota Supra
    1991 Subaru Sambar 4x4
    1997 Subaru Sambar 4x4
    1991 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon
    2000 Chev Silverado 2500 4x4

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,419
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 534 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maximaj30 View Post
    but can you get a ticket for refusing to roll up the windows for an officer at a checkstop etc if they dont see the vehicle with the windows up at all prior?
    Regardless of the answer, I dunno if this is a desirable route to take. Just doesn't seem conducive to your free time and possibly anal virginity.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Default

    Wire in a toggle switch that allows you cut power to the window switches. That way you can show the officer that your windows don't/won't/can't roll up.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 134 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    Wire in a toggle switch that allows you cut power to the window switches. That way you can show the officer that your windows don't/won't/can't roll up.
    That sounds like a lot of work for window tint lol. So you just roll around all winter with your windows down? what is the point in having tint then?

    I think your issue is having limo or a really dark tint. I have always had tint but I have always stuck with 35%. I have gotten two tickets in 10 years. One time was while I got caught speeding. The other time, I was pulled over in SP at a check stop, which is a known area for window tint checkstops.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,059
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 913 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    That sounds like a lot of work for window tint lol. So you just roll around all winter with your windows down? what is the point in having tint then?

    I think your issue is having limo or a really dark tint. I have always had tint but I have always stuck with 35%. I have gotten two tickets in 10 years. One time was while I got caught speeding. The other time, I was pulled over in SP at a check stop, which is a known area for window tint checkstops.


    No, you wire a toggle switch just like he said. So if you get lit up you roll your windows down, flip the toggle switch to kill power to the windows, then show the officer your window switch doesn't work when he asks you to roll up the window. Chances are it's going to make the cop be a real prick, but if he pulled you over for tint you already know he is going to be a real prick anyway. So might be worth a try. A toggle switch would be a pretty simple quick job to do.

    The issue is not having dark tint. The issue is being unlucky enough to drive by the wrong dick hole of a cop at the wrong time. I don't even run tint as dark as 35, I run 50 on the fronts. I still get pulled in minimum once a year, usually more. Depends far more on the vehicle than the type of tint you have. In my 300, I will get harassed for any and all possible infractions. Purely because cops are stupid enough to think that a guy selling drugs would actually be out selling drugs in what appears to be a stereotypical heat bag drug dealer car. In my Civic when I had it it was the same thing, because they stereotype me as being some shit bag teenager that needs be to be taught a lesson. In either Viper I never had any issues. It's like they assumed it was an older gentleman, and if they pulled me over it was more to get a look at the car than anything, so I drive away with a warning usually.

    Plain and simple, tint is a reason for a bored cop to pull you over and take a look. So it's a gamble.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 165 Times in 129 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    That sounds like a lot of work for window tint lol. So you just roll around all winter with your windows down? what is the point in having tint then?

    I think your issue is having limo or a really dark tint. I have always had tint but I have always stuck with 35%. I have gotten two tickets in 10 years. One time was while I got caught speeding. The other time, I was pulled over in SP at a check stop, which is a known area for window tint checkstops.
    my truck has had 35% tint for 15 years and 2 tickets. one being the one i described above. other was a pull over for tint like 2007

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •