Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Dodge Hellcat crate motor unveiled with unlimited mileage warranty

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Default Dodge Hellcat crate motor unveiled with unlimited mileage warranty

Today at SEMA in Las Vegas, Dodge unveiled their new crate engine program headlined by the amazing 707 horsepower Hellcat engine. For a small fee of $19,530 Dodge will sell you a 707 horsepower V8 that deserves to be in all cars.
    https://drivetribe.com/p/dodges-hell...&utm_medium=fb
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

3 year* unlimited mileage.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    3 year* unlimited mileage.
    ALOT of damage can be done in three years... Hell, even 3 months
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

I'm sure there are lots of guidelines to follow to keep the warranty, including a Mopar engine management running a stock tune.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

Thanks

Yeah probably some other things like, Do not engage the launch function or take off traction control either.... Voids warranty.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 913 Posts

Warranty or not, it's a well built engine. 707hp on factory warranty tune. Guys pay more then that just to build an NA engine with that kind of power and not have an ounce of warranty. Be a sweet option to drop in some retro rod.

Thanks

Well built? Doubt it. A carbonated big block making that power na will be a bit more than $20,000 usd. I donít know of an engine builder that doesnít have warranty on their product.
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 913 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Well built? Doubt it. A carbonated big block making that power na will be a bit more than $20,000 usd. I don’t know of an engine builder that doesn’t have warranty on their product.

Yes I know you live to disagree with me on anything possible regardless of reality.

What's your definition of well built? A 707hp engine that can last well over 100,000mi of shit and abuse fits the bill for me. Maybe you expect it cure cancer as well before it gets the chrisf stamp of approval.

Having a warranty and using a warranty are two different things. I've certainly never known anyone that had any luck collecting on a custom engine builders warranty once they experienced issues. It always involves them getting a tiny discount on another full rebuild. Dodge on the other hand is one of the better manufacturers as far as honouring warranty goes.

Anyway, I'm sure nobody cares to hear us argue. Love it or hate it, It's cool that Dodge is offering something that a lot of people want. The first discussions that happened on forums after the hellcat was released, was about what you could swap that engine into.

Thanks

How do you know they can last well over 100,000 miles of shit and abuse?
    You want a built engine with warranty? Go see Bel engines.
    I can agree that the price is right.