Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Frozen lake drifting

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Default Frozen lake drifting

Is this a thing over here yet?

When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

Yeah there's only one I know of but I'm sure there's one near Edmonton. The one I used to go to was Ghost Lake just west of Cochrane on Hwy 1a. About 45 mins west of Calgary. It's awesome though. I used to like in Cochrane. They were filming some truck commercials down there. There's a damn at one end and the ice gets crazy thick. On a good day there are maybe 50 people driving on the ice so the trick is to go when there's not too many. Some people just go to say they drove on a river and others take it more seriously drifting and stuff. Google it I'm sure there's more around but that's the only one I've been to. Fun times.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SierraDually For This Useful Post:

Cyanide Ride (December 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SierraDually View Post
    Yeah there's only one I know of but I'm sure there's one near Edmonton. The one I used to go to was Ghost Lake just west of Cochrane on Hwy 1a. About 45 mins west of Calgary. It's awesome though. I used to like in Cochrane. They were filming some truck commercials down there. There's a damn at one end and the ice gets crazy thick. On a good day there are maybe 50 people driving on the ice so the trick is to go when there's not too many. Some people just go to say they drove on a river and others take it more seriously drifting and stuff. Google it I'm sure there's more around but that's the only one I've been to. Fun times.
    Loved going out to ghost lake when I lived in Calgary! Driving on a frozen lake was a great place to get more familiar with car control on a off public place where you wouldn't be hassled by cops or concerned citizens. If there's anything similar within a reasonable driving distance to Edmonton, that would be awesome