Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick and Dirty Impressions: 2017 Nissan Titan

In-Law's 2017 XD Platinum gasser refused to start, yesterday... A blistering -11 after a foot of snow in Calgary.

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    In-Law's 2017 XD Platinum gasser refused to start, yesterday... A blistering -11 after a foot of snow in Calgary.
    I had to call the company roadside assistance as ours wouldn't start either... but it was -35*C overnight in Fort Mac. Apparently these FUCKING TRUCKS HAVE A FUSEABLE LINK ON THE POWER CABLE TO THE BATTERY?! THE FUCK?

So when we tried to boost it figuring battery was dead, this Nissan only part burnt out and had to be ordered in. Fuck.

I spent all day sitting in a variety of establishments waiting for this stupid thing to be diagnosed. Got a cab and left on a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    I had to call the company roadside assistance as ours wouldn't start either... but it was -35*C overnight in Fort Mac. Apparently these FUCKING TRUCKS HAVE A FUSEABLE LINK ON THE POWER CABLE TO THE BATTERY?! THE FUCK?

So when we tried to boost it figuring battery was dead, this Nissan only part burnt out and had to be ordered in. Fuck.

I spent all day sitting in a variety of establishments waiting for this stupid thing to be diagnosed. Got a cab and left on a plane.
    There is a pile of vehicles that have a fuseabe link on the starter wiring. The shitty part is the starter is under the intake manifold.

Yeah... These things sound a TON better engineered.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    The shitty part is the starter is under the intake manifold.
    Company truck, not my problem. However, no Nissan dealership means it is at Ft mac Canadian Tire... oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Meanwhile Toyota and Nissan put the money into better engineering.
    Toyota has had the exact same truck for 10 years (tundra/tacoma). I am not surprised that they are more reliable; but they are also not as capable.

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    Toyota has had the exact same truck for 10 years (tundra/tacoma). I am not surprised that they are more reliable; but they are also not as capable.
    Also more money. Fully loaded Tacoma comes in at $50,000. Nice truck, but not that nice. I also test drive a fully loaded Nissan Frontier. I think it was $43,000. Nothing about the interior matched what the cost was. Very cheap feeling no mater what you put your hand on . That’s thanks to the new Titan. Because Nissan was so busy building that the frontier suffered.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Alright. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

I hope I get the opportunity to check out a Toyota Tundra at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Alright. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

I hope I get the opportunity to check out a Toyota Tundra at some point.
    The Tundra/Tacoma have such a huge following that I think many people overlook at how basic the truck is and how shitty it drives.. For instance, A brand new 55k TRD Tundra does not have heated seats or climate control.. You would have to spend over 60k to get those options in a limited or platinum model.

But for 55k in a domestic, you are getting a top of the line truck. The tundra will probably run until 500k or more (unless the frame rusts out) but really who keeps vehicles that long anyways.