Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick and Dirty Impressions: 2017 Nissan Titan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    The tundra will probably run until 500k or more (unless the frame rusts out) but really who keeps vehicles that long anyways.
    All domestics will do that too if you follow the recommended maintenance intervals. Source, my family, we've had 5 GM brand trucks all run over 400k kms before selling (two over 500k kms).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    The Tundra/Tacoma have such a huge following that I think many people overlook at how basic the truck is and how shitty it drives.. For instance, A brand new 55k TRD Tundra does not have heated seats or climate control.. You would have to spend over 60k to get those options in a limited or platinum model.

But for 55k in a domestic, you are getting a top of the line truck. The tundra will probably run until 500k or more (unless the frame rusts out) but really who keeps vehicles that long anyways.
    Heck... You can get a VERY well equipped RAM 1500 (on sale) for like $35K.

And yes, Toyota's are notorious for frame rust issues. Plus, the "new" Tundra has that horrible limp noodle frame thing going on...

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    All domestics will do that too if you follow the recommended maintenance intervals. Source, my family, we've had 5 GM brand trucks all run over 400k kms before selling (two over 500k kms).
    Oh ya, I definitely agree with that. It is just common for people to assume Toyota = reliability and they will just discount any domestic to say that they are junk.

Thanks

Most people I know who have bought vehicle from Toyota also mentioned they would barely budge on the price. You pay that MSRP price on the window or go somewhere else. When I bought the frontier just walking in the door in person was 4k off the sticker price if financed and 7k off if paid in cash. Titans (old style) I think were something like 8 financed and 10 in cash.

Domestics it seems really easy to break 65-70k on the websites building something like a Lariant f-150 but I also don't ever hear anyone talk about actually paying that price unless they are picking up a platinum edition/king ranch etc.

Don't know how much Nissan would be willing to move on a new titan though. Also the Nissan security breach I wonder if that will effect sales... still don't know if I was effected by that yet.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    Most people I know who have bought vehicle from Toyota also mentioned they would barely budge on the price. You pay that MSRP price on the window or go somewhere else. When I bought the frontier just walking in the door in person was 4k off the sticker price if financed and 7k off if paid in cash. Titans (old style) I think were something like 8 financed and 10 in cash.

Domestics it seems really easy to break 65-70k on the websites building something like a Lariant f-150 but I also don't ever hear anyone talk about actually paying that price unless they are picking up a platinum edition/king ranch etc.

Don't know how much Nissan would be willing to move on a new titan though. Also the Nissan security breach I wonder if that will effect sales... still don't know if I was effected by that yet.
    They were offering 25% off of new titans in August. A real 25%, not a mark down after the prices were inflated 20%.
    Last edited by chris f; December 22nd, 2017 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Company truck, not my problem. However, no Nissan dealership means it is at Ft mac Canadian Tire... oh boy!
    Fort Mac doesn't have a Nissan dealership?? WTF. There was one when I lived there. It was a shitty one mind you, but it existed nonetheless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Heck... You can get a VERY well equipped RAM 1500 (on sale) for like $35K.

And yes, Toyota's are notorious for frame rust issues. Plus, the "new" Tundra has that horrible limp noodle frame thing going on...

$35k will get you a bare bones new ram 1500 now. It’s insane how much they have went up in price in the last few years, they are barely cheaper then a 3500 Cummins now. A decent 1500 is over $60k sticker, and you’ll be near $50k otd.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    WtF kind of ludicrous test is this supposed to be?! It looks like the "drive 70 over offset mini parking barriers to completely destroy your truck before setting it on fire" test.
    Are we to assume that a Ram would glide over these with a dainty cup of tea balanced on the rear bumper?
    It's a fake test to accentuate a perceived issue of a competing truck, isn't it? Like that knob hurling tool boxes corner-first to puncture the Ford truck boxes. "Derp - seee!!! Alloominuhm equals baaaad!!!"

Thanks

I remember seeing a Mack truck front end test. The front tires were on a rotating roller with a massive price of angle iron on it. It would lift the front of the truck about 6 inches off of the rollers then the wheels would crash down. This would violently shake the truck testing the long life of the cab and anything attached to the frame. They did this for a wee straight.