Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Quick and Dirty Impressions: 2017 Nissan Titan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Doesn't change the fact that the Titan is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Looks like Car and Driver agrees..

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rm-test-review

Thanks

Holy fuck, what a scathing review... So pretty much everything I said was exactly echoed in that article. I'll just post the very last bit;

Rants & Raves
    “It is just too big for its own good and really shows Nissan’s inexperience with this class of vehicle.” —Joseph Capparella

“Just over 8300 miles on the odometer and the power-steering pump feels as if it’s failing.” —Drew Dorian

“This truck is just shockingly bad. Previously, I had only been in the Titan with a trailer attached. Sadly, it drives like it’s towing even when it’s not.” —Jeff Sabatini

“Over the last two days, I’ve spent 30-plus hours driving the Titan and have found the seats to be quite comfortable.” —Maxwell Mortimer

“Never have I jumped into a vehicle this new and been this unsure of its capabilities to make it home issue-free.” —Nathan Petroelje

“This truck feels as if it’s already falling apart—lots of rattles and vibrations from the interior and we’re not even at 10K miles yet!” —Joseph Capparella

“The Titan makes noises that should have given Nissan’s NVH engineers fits.” —Josh Jacquot

“Overall, an underwhelming-from-the-ground-up effort on a new full-size pickup.” —Dave VanderWerp

“This transmission is horrible. It feels like it has a street racer’s shift kit.” —Rusty Blackwell

“I often find myself surprised at how easy it is to fit a Ford F-150 or Chevrolet Silverado into my daily life. This truck just feels unwieldy.” —Annie White

“Access to the bed is difficult for people of average height; the easiest way up is to use the rear tire as a stool and try not to rip the crotch out of your pants.” —Rusty Blackwell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

I'm not impressed with my friend's gasser. It makes a ticking noise that's unacceptably loud. Nissan response is "totes normal, Bro." when it should likely be a recall.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Holy shit, that's quite a list of crap.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

Disappointing to see so much negative feedback not that i was about to turn around and buy one right away but I do believe in healthy competition and it was something I was watching. More likely to replace my aging 04 Outty before replacing the truck anyways, would have to be an amazing deal to swap the truck at this point.
    Model View Caffeine

Thanks

sounds like the only good thing are the zero gravity seats?
    2014 Silverado

Chevrolet "Heartbeat of America...Assembled in Mexico"

Donate if you can: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...k-denny/251197

Thanks

Wasn't that Cummins V8 diesel originally designed for a Ford F150 or one of the American Half tons, then they didn't use it, and Nissan took the engine?
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

Thanks

I still don't understand the point of having a relatively huge V8 diesel in a heavy half-ton with lower towing capability that existing V6 and V8 half-tons. There is literally zero benefit. First of all, there are lots of problems being reported with that engine. Secondly, the fuel economy is crap. Thirdly, you're paying a massive premium up front for the diesel option.

It's a truck that is not only crap... It just didn't make sense right from the get-go.