Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorhome vs Travel Trailer?

Thanks

Default Motorhome vs Travel Trailer?

Which do you prefer? Pros and Cons of both?

Thanks

Cons to a motorhome is the insurance, registration and maintanence of a vehicle vs just trailer registration and insurance if you want for a trailer.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

Thanks

Cons of both-

Where do you store the f"ing thing

I know lots of people with trailers and motorhomes, makes little sense to ever own one IMO. If going camping, go camping with tents. If traveling, stay in nice hotels, the costs are easily the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Cons of both-

Where do you store the f"ing thing

I know lots of people with trailers and motorhomes, makes little sense to ever own one IMO. If going camping, go camping with tents. If traveling, stay in nice hotels, the costs are easily the same.
    Or rent one.. There are quite a few places around AB that rent trailers or motorhomes of all sizes. You get the current model and do not have to deal with the head ache of owning one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    Or rent one.. There are quite a few places around AB that rent trailers or motorhomes of all sizes. You get the current model and do not have to deal with the head ache of owning one.
    The costs are exorbitant, to say the least. As a one time experience, sure. But as a yearly (or once every couple of months) thing, no way.

Thanks

The costs are exorbitant, to say the least. As a one time experience, sure. But as a yearly (or once every couple of months) thing, no way.
    I've thought about the rental idea for a trailer. But you need to book in advance, you can't just decide at 4:30pm on your way home from work that your going to go camping.

Also, it would be good for myself for work, versus staying in a hotel if I end up in Fort Mac again.

What got me interested in a class C motorhome is the ability for my girlfriend to load the kid in the motorhome and head out by herself or meet me somewhere etc. And not needing a 3/4 or 1 ton truck just to tow a camper....etc.

Thanks

My family does a lot of camping and we've pretty much had all kinds of tents & campers before my dad finally had enough and bought a 32 foot C class. What did us in was the fact that with a tent trailer we eventually had to take 2 vehicles everywhere to haul our food & tow our boat or quads as well (this is before toy haulers were on the market & we only had SUV's) and setting it all up could be a huge pain in the ass if the weather turned or you got to the campground late at night.

With the RV we can haul all our toys or another car behind it no issues, if we got to a campground late, setup never took long since really just have to make sure its level (but you can even skip that for a night if needed). Couple down sides though would be storing it if you don't have room on your property, if you tow toys behind it someone else might have to tag along & drive a vehicle so you can get around wherever you plan on going and my dad said he would probably avoid getting another gasser so he can get slightly better fuel milage. His is based on the Ford E series so it has the V10, which has enough balls to get it up Rogers pass without causing delays (while towing a boat) and on a calm day he has actually managed to clip along at 130+ down highway 2 passing people. After 10 years now of owning it we've put it to good use and my dad said he'll will never go back to any kind of trailer again.
    Last edited by Silence*; January 3rd, 2018 at 12:29 AM.

Jordan v, 1993 Bmw 32oi

Thanks

That is a bit of an exaggeration.. I got a quote on a 22' travel trailer for 1 week for 700$. Say you did that twice a year for 1400 per year. If you factor in the cost of a comparable travel trailer per month + maintenance + storage. The rental option is really not that bad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    That is a bit of an exaggeration.. I got a quote on a 22' travel trailer for 1 week for 700$. Say you did that twice a year for 1400 per year. If you factor in the cost of a comparable travel trailer per month + maintenance + storage. The rental option is really not that bad.
    And depreciation.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)