Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 67

Thread: Minimum wage and tipping how do you feel?

  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Except you can live off minimum wage, just people are fucking retards and cant budget, always spend out of their means, have fucking shit head children and what not. A lot of them are the ones crying about minimum wage.
    I know I wouldn’t want to. I spend way too much money on stupid shit.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    14,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Except you can live off minimum wage, just people are fucking retards and cant budget, always spend out of their means, have fucking shit head children and what not. A lot of them are the ones crying about minimum wage.
    No way in hell you could live in the GTA on minimum wage.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post
    No way in hell you could live in the GTA on minimum wage.
    You could. I’m sure with an annual camping permit and a nice big tent you could live.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    14,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    You could. I’m sure with an annual camping permit and a nice big tent you could live.
    Don't even need a permit under the Gardiner! The homeless camp for free!

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post
    No way in hell you could live in the GTA on minimum wage.
    Multiple people working alternate shifts staying at the same place.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    Multiple people working alternate shifts staying at the same place.
    Yep, two bedroom condo, three people in it.

    Fuck, when I moved out after dropping out of university, I lived in a townhouse with 4 other guys. $500/month IIRC (overpayed now looking back). Those were the days...

    No reason three people paying $700/month couldn't get a place to live. Might be a shithole, but then don't earn minimum wage. Living by yourself isn't a right, its a privilege. I didn't do it until I was making close to 6 figures a year, why the hell should someone making minimum wage?

    Edit-
    $15/h min wage is $2400 before tax. At that wage, you basically pay zero dollars in tax. I can assure you, you can fucking live on $2400 a month without being homeless, even if GTA or GRDV. Maybe you'd have to commute, boo fucking hoo, I drive 45+ minutes per day. I used to earn $18/h as a plumbing apprentice during the frigging boom, and with no debt fresh out of high school, could do whatever the hell I wanted.

    Fucking people

    1 minute of searching - https://www.torontorentals.com/toron...ton-rd-id57582

    $900/month, but it has three bedrooms for christ's sake. And the place is super nice. Want something still very clean?

    https://www.torontorentals.com/toron...t-mall-id58420

    $700/month and both of these are practically downtown. So fuck right the fuck off.
    Last edited by HiTempguy; January 8th, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post
    No way in hell you could live in the GTA on minimum wage.
    Cool this is Alberta, specifically Edmonton. Thanks for coming out.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    $15/h min wage is $2400 before tax. At that wage, you basically pay zero dollars in tax.
    That's actually not true. Minus provincial and federal income tax as well as EI and CPP, being generous, take 15% off. You're left with $2040.

    $400 is not "basically... zero dollars in tax". For some people, that is a fuck ton of money.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    That's actually not true. Minus provincial and federal income tax as well as EI and CPP, being generous, take 15% off. You're left with $2040.

    $400 is not "basically... zero dollars in tax". For some people, that is a fuck ton of money.
    You're a retard. $2k per month net is more than possible wage to live on in the circumstances outlined, so fuck off. And that "$400" is not the tax paid per month, EI and CPP aren't a tax. FFS. Read what I wrote. That's like saying your RRSP investments each month are a tax.

    Still completely changes nothing in regards to prior statements said. Its more than enough to live on, even in "super expensive omagherd" Toronto or Vancouver. And we haven't even factored in po' folk benefits/tax credits/welfare schemes yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •