Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimum wage and tipping how do you feel?

Default Minimum wage and tipping how do you feel?

How do you guys feel about tipping now that servers make the same minimum wage as everyone else? I personally have stopped tipping altogether unless the service was a memorable experience. What do you guys think? There are people who work in way worse conditions for the same wage yet I get glares when I don't tip now. That entitlement is annoying.

Sometimes it's stupid. I order from Papa Johns, and to skip out on delivery and tip I go and pick it up myself. When you go to pay, it says tip option.. really? They're literally doing their job in making a pizza. There is no other service really.

For other restaurants, I tipped before they made minimum wage and I'll continue tipping after they started making minimum wage. The only time I won't tip or leave a little tip is if it's mediocre service.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Yeah, I'm an idiot and I tip even when I do takeout -10%. I've worked their jobs before so I figured whatever, the extra couple of bucks isn't going to kill me. I even have issues not tipping if the service was incredibly shitty (I still tip 5% so the kitchen doesn't get shafted).

I think I've only not tipped like twice in my entire life and the shame that I felt walking (read: running) out of those establishments wasn't right. It's weird how we're expected to tip and not tipping on absolutely shitty service/food is shunned.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

I hate how all the restaurants now have option in their machines that is like 15/18/20%. Wtf. Went to eat some Viet food in Chinatown and their machine was 15/22/30%. Lol like fuck you. All you did is bring me my pho and I never saw you again until bill came.

And I don't tip on takeout. Fuck that. Tipping was for the waiter and if they did good job which a lot still don't do.
    Last edited by Refresh; January 3rd, 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    (I still tip 5% so the kitchen doesn't get shafted).
    Also keep in mind not all kitchens get a cut.
    Model View Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    Also keep in mind not all kitchens get a cut.
    Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing.

And if somewhere has pre-set % for tipping and the smallest percentage is 18%, even if the service was stellar and even if I was going to tip more, I will select "Other" and put 15% down solely out of spite. That's bullshit how the min % is 18. Greedy tits.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

I tip for good service.

If I call and order pizza and then go pick it up myself... Zero tip.

The only exception is a certain takeout place which I will not name... But they see me coming and they give me extra large portions, so I always tip... like 20%
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Expecting a tip for takeout is retarded. I've even had a subway with the tip option. No i'm not tipping for that. I generally tip 15%, up to 20% on smaller bills if service is good. I struggle to leave no tip even if service is awful to. Usually still leave 5-10%.

I thought this was 780ballerz! I tip them with a car. If the service was goof a German car.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.