Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Calcium Chloride in the Edmonton streets.

I actually bought a set of winter tires this year since I am putting on 1000km/week... and I regret doing so. For the money I spent, I see no real difference between them and the cheap, generic A/T tires I am running on that vehicle. I would much rather spend the money on gas.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    $300 for a set of tires... LOL... my tires were/are $350 each.
    They don't have to be. That was strictly your choice. Even the shittiest winter is better than an all season.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickXeo View Post
    I actually bought a set of winter tires this year since I am putting on 1000km/week... and I regret doing so. For the money I spent, I see no real difference between them and the cheap, generic A/T tires I am running on that vehicle. I would much rather spend the money on gas.
    My vote for the first person who needs to go do some mandatory driver upgrading

All terrains are a bit different. The lugs allow better bite if there is any bit of snow or even hard pack. But they are still awful on ice. I've driven trucks almost daily the past 5 years, winter tires make a huge difference, if you can't tell, that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    They don't have to be. That was strictly your choice. Even the shittiest winter is better than an all season.

My vote for the first person who needs to go do some mandatory driver upgrading

All terrains are a bit different. The lugs allow better bite if there is any bit of snow or even hard pack. But they are still awful on ice. I've driven trucks almost daily the past 5 years, winter tires make a huge difference, if you can't tell, that is a problem.
    I've thoroughly tested the capabilities of my vehicle, and both sets of tires, and there is no real difference between the two sets. The winter tires seem to perform better on ice, but they are nothing to make me want to buy another set when the A/Ts I run do just fine. Ill run what I have in the winter, but when they wear out, Ill stick with A/Ts again.

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    that van was just trying to get closer to jesus.

letting him take the wheel didn't work out to well, now did it?

It should be like a safety ticket, you should have to re-cert. every so often.

Walmart doesn't list my size online,but the cheapest of cheap from Kaltire is $172.56 in the optional smaller size for me truck. The next cheapest up, I've run that brand/tire before "Artic Claw" on a RWD 4400lbs car, and Nokian All seasons performed 10x better than those POS' did. In my actual size, the cheapest are Artic Claws and ar $262.31/ea..

So I still LOL at teh $300/set. Hell even for my Wife's Civic 195/65-15 are still $96.48 so $422.02/set for "Goodride" tires.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverNeonRacer View Post
    Kaltire is....
    An overpriced pile of fuck. Fuck off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickXeo View Post
    I've thoroughly tested the capabilities of my vehicle, and both sets of tires, and there is no real difference between the two sets. The winter tires seem to perform better on ice, but they are nothing to make me want to buy another set when the A/Ts I run do just fine. Ill run what I have in the winter, but when they wear out, Ill stick with A/Ts again.
    You are astonishing.

An overpriced pile of fuck. Fuck off lol.
    I don't buy there, just was looking for somewhere with a local store and online pricing.

By all means tell me where I can get 275/60-20 or 265/70-17 for $300/set installed. Or even the 195/65-15 1010tires is $424.27 with shipping, but still need install. Tirerack is $495.63 with shipping.
    Last edited by SilverNeonRacer; January 13th, 2018 at 12:56 AM.

Yeah, in for finding out where to get cheap and good tires for a reasonable price.